well I am not one to be a jesse moaner type but....

What's Hot
...fk me I have been in pain.

woke up 5am this morning with some serious tooth pain, looked in the mirror and my face was proper swollen around where the pain was coming from. it really hurt, immediately took ibupes and paracetamol and tried to relax, 1 hr later I felt a little better but still hurting..

I had to ring 111 because I didn't know pain like it.. had to see an emergency dentist.. I have a broken tooth and a bad infection, 2 lots of tablets to sort the infection and got to ring my dentist on monday..

I didn't know tooth pain could be so bad, never really suffered with it before... owie. :(
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Vacuum cleaner, sellotape and straw.  Done it a thousand times extracting food from the root stumps of my molars.

Seriously and they reckon Ginger are more susceptible to pain. 

Describe more of your diagnosis.   So the tooth didn't have a filling in it and was perfectly healthy and you didn't relaise you'd broken it or what?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6171
    You have my sympathy, tooth pain is like nothing else. Once the antibiotics start to work you should get some relief. Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    You'll never fit in on this forum if you've not got a BSc in moaning.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I find the best form of moaning is moaning about people who are moaning, sometimes, it's moaning about people who are moaning about people who are moaning.  It gets to be quite complicated.

• ...fk me I have been in pain.

woke up 5am this morning with some serious tooth pain, looked in the mirror and my face was proper swollen around where the pain was coming from. it really hurt, immediately took ibupes and paracetamol and tried to relax, 1 hr later I felt a little better but still hurting..

I had to ring 111 because I didn't know pain like it.. had to see an emergency dentist.. I have a broken tooth and a bad infection, 2 lots of tablets to sort the infection and got to ring my dentist on monday..

I didn't know tooth pain could be so bad, never really suffered with it before... owie. :(
    I'm an expert on tooth pain, unfortunately. Had major cases of it over the years, and reckon I should be getting frequent flier status from my local dental hospital.

Fook all I can do about either, seems that I have a congenital gum type that means I'll lose 'em all eventually and it's a case of fighting fires until then. It'd probably be easier to have the ones remaining all removed and go with dentures, but I'm not prepared to go that way yet. Food doesn't taste the same with my "teeth" in so I'll keep going as long as I can with the ones I have left.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...

I'm an expert on tooth pain, unfortunately. Had major cases of it over the years, and reckon I should be getting frequent flier status from my local dental hospital.

Fook all I can do about either, seems that I have a congenital gum type that means I'll lose 'em all eventually and it's a case of fighting fires until then. It'd probably be easier to have the ones remaining all removed and go with dentures, but I'm not prepared to go that way yet. Food doesn't taste the same with my "teeth" in so I'll keep going as long as I can with the ones I have left.
    That is shit.  I have a few receding gums and nothing worse to be honest.  Knowing that you take care of your teeth but they are on a hiding to nothing either way.  That is a real bastard.  Drinking Dr Pepper all day and smoking and never brushing your teeth I can understand and take, but that is a real fucker.
    but that is a real fucker.

AKA genetic inheritance.

I never needed to go to a dentist for 25 years. Underwent a year's chemo treatment and lost nearly all of them. I knew it wasn't going to end well when, two days into the meds (which I had to take for 11 months), every tooth in my head was rattling loose.

Sorry man.  That is a real shitter.  Still, you can get some dentures on the NHS quite cheap or implants of you are stashed.

Hell dentures are more hygienic anyway!  You get to take them out to clean them more thoroughly!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenman;1106644" said:
    strumjoughlamps said:

I'm an expert on tooth pain, unfortunately. Had major cases of it over

the years, and reckon I should be getting frequent flier status from my

local dental hospital.

Yowsers that is some bad stuff feel for you and I shall moan no more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hell dentures are more hygienic anyway!  You get to take them out to clean them more thoroughly!

Wisdom awarded. I definitely prefer dentures to endless rotting teeth and pain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5066
    edited June 2016
    JezWynd said:

Wisdom awarded. I definitely prefer dentures to endless rotting teeth and pain.
    I see this in my very near future :(

I suppose the upside is that I'll no longer have a mouth like a Meth-head! Not entirely convinced that my current grid is exactly enticing to the ladies! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    edited June 2016

Who cares, you can buy fakes on a plate for cheap too. Course it was cheaper before the Czech Republic joined the EU, but there we go, we have Romanian dentists.  Give and take. Besides you only take your teeth out in the morning.

Nothing says I have failed in life more than having no teeth and no hair.  Hair doesn't matter though and teeth you can  buy.

C'est le vie innit.

@Jezwynd and @littlegreenman win the hard man teeth problems people awards.

Fairplay.

I've been told that Poland is the place to go for a spot of dental tourism. If it all sounds too grim, console yourself that you'll have killer cheekbones.
    edited June 2016
    Swiss always used to go to Czech, but judging by the amount of young hookers on the roads and the small meat portions I had my doubts, but apparently it was all the go before the EU came along and ruined everything and installed McDonalds in every village Europe wide.  Czech was the merchant trading and intellectual capital of Europe for centuries with a proud people and with one foul stroke they ruined it.  Well in fairness, Germany and Russia probably started it.