Modded Wah switch not easy to switch on...

What's Hot
NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
edited June 2016 in Making & Modding

Hi folks,I did the bypass mod and fitted an led to my Wah some time ago and ever since its been real hard to switch on,its like there isn't enough travel on the shaft.

I've tried cheating and taken the rubber stops but its still not right.

Can anyone recommend a switch that may have a longer shaft,maybe that might do it...

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8857
    edited June 2016
    Have you tried super gluing something to shaft?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    What was the original switch? If you still have it, and it's a DPDT, you can wire the pedal for true bypass and an LED using RG Keen's Millenium Bypass circuit.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73128
    Glue a small rubber grommet into the recess on the underside of the treadle. This is a common problem with 3PDTs in wahs.

By the way, don't fit the switch with no nut on the inside like that - if you tighten it up fully it will break the switch. You need one nut on the inside, as far down the thread as it will go. You may want to put the grip washer on the outside rather than the inside to give the maximum possible switch height.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    Glue a small rubber grommet into the recess on the underside of the treadle. This is a common problem with 3PDTs in wahs.
    Cheers for that,was'nt thinking straight,the switch is fitted soundly.