Looking for somewhere that sells grey tweed cloth

What's Hot
Am looking to cover a pedal box/ pedal board project that i started last year and have looked in several places on the internet but am so far not finding any results for grey tweed cloth only the yellowed tolex.

Does anyone have any idea where i might source some fabric that would do the job?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    My better half says John Lewis is good for uncommon material, bit pricey apparently.
    Worth a look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    That is a thought... I was also thinking of scouring ye olde charity shops for clothing in either tweed or herringbone...
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Not sure if you are after the earlier style Fender grey tweed they used for a run of a few amps like the Blues Junior which the closest you may get is to use the reverse side of the mojotone tweed like below.  You could always then apply some stain to it if needed to get a dark finish like on the Swart black tweed amps.  

Or if you are after something closer to the newer grey colour scheme like on the Bassbreaker range then this could be worth looking in to Grey Tweed:

The only problem is it my have a fair amount of stretch to it which I know can make the Herringbone fabric more tricky to work with.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Excellent! I did wonder about the mojo tweed as I saw the build thread that the second photo refers to... didn't realise it was the reverse of the fabric on their site. The box I am covering is only 35 x 25 x 50cm should I shouldn't need too much :)
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Sometimes the reverse of the tweed can look a bit olive rather than grey on the darker stripes so it's worth asking for a small sample to be sent before you purchase
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom