How to get rid of sawdust

I've recently acquired a bandsaw (Scheppach Basa1) and router (Bosch POF 1200). Both can turn my man cave into a sawdust snowglobe in seconds. I've tried attaching our household vacuum cleaner to the sawdust port on both. That works ok (but not perfectly) on the bandsaw, but doesn't connect well on the router - sometimes the sawdust ends up in the vacuum cleaner, sometimes it ends up all over me. The sawdust ports on both machines claim to be 35mm, but are marginally different sizes, so if an attachment fitted snugly in one, it wouldn't work in the other.

What is the best solution for managing sawdust - both in terms of a vacuum cleaner (or similar) and attachments to multiple tools?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29208
    A cyclonic separator between the tool and the vacuum is well worth having - it'll prevent most of the stuff getting into the vacuum and leave it in a drum or bin for easier disposal.

Also make sure you have appropriate filtering or the fine stuff (which is what messes up your lungs) will just be spread throughout the room.

For the attachments to the tools, Record Power (and others, but RP were cheapest when I last looked) do silicone cones that you cut to give a snug fit onto the machine and onto your extractor.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Gaffer tape can work in a pinch. (Must check out those silicone cones.)

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• SporkySporky Frets: 29208
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1705
    @Sporky Thanks