Bias...the app...as it relates to the "real" thing...

NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
Bloody hell! Didn't know there was that much to fiddle about with! Did a bit of messing about with the Plexi model. Changed output bias, rectifier, speaker mic placement, etc. and had a really nice clean/crunchy sound that did seem to bloom in a natural way. Sounded good with a Tubescreamer. Even changed the Tolex, front panel, knobs and script. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/d7932a09fc91f09a6b08faadb177b620_zpscacf8711.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bloom?

;)
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Sorry, that was a bit TGP,
  • I'm just pulling your chain :)

It's an interesting piece of software. I've yet to hear anything that would make it amazing, but it's got so much to tweak that it could be it just takes a long time to get it right.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    In true TGP style I'll spend much more time tweaking the amps, swapping valves, adjusting bias, making minute adjustments on the Dumble model than playing! Looking for the elusive sound in my head before buying a Fender HRD! But it will all be virtual and I'll save thousands of pounds that I don't have anyway!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    I wonder how it compares to amplitube? Because I consider that to be worse than a first generation pod plugged into an sd-1 with the tone rolled all the way off.