Help needed Nintendo 3ds XL and pokemon

What's Hot
maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
Daughters birthday (8) coming up and she loves some Japanese game / cartoon called Yo Kai Watch, so we are considering a 3ds xl console and the Yo kai game, she also likes pokemon cartoons, which games would anyone recommend, I would value some advice for an old fart!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    I haven't played them but Pokemon X and Y are supposed to bed very good (they always come out in pairs- both games are v similar and you onto need to buy one!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Pokemon games used to keep me quiet for hours.
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    I haven't played them but Pokemon X and Y are supposed to bed very good (they always come out in pairs- both games are v similar and you onto need to buy one!)
    Thats really helpful, thanks, she has mentioned the pokemon omega ruby, is this different to what you suggested, and if so how?, looking on Amazon leaves me clueless!
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 473
    maidenfan said:
    Thats really helpful, thanks, she has mentioned the pokemon omega ruby, is this different to what you suggested, and if so how?, looking on Amazon leaves me clueless!
    It's just a different story, I think X and Y are newer however, and there's a new one out soon.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    The Omega ones are older but will be very similar in terms of gameplay. There aren't any bad ones tbh! Should be cheaper, so go for it if that's what she's after!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Thank you again. With regard to the Nintendo itself, I take it that the XL is the one to go for? , (there seem to be two different versions of the XL, or at least radically different prices)
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 473
    Ones a new model, I don't know what the differences are but the older ones seems decent enough.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited June 2016
    Pokemon Sun/Moon aren't out till November.

Pokemon X/Y is technically the last mainline entry as Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire are remakes of Ruby/Saphire from the old Gameboy Advance.

Just buy the alternative to which her friends have so she can play with them.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    maidenfan said:
    Thank you again. With regard to the Nintendo itself, I take it that the XL is the one to go for? , (there seem to be two different versions of the XL, or at least radically different prices)
    The New 3DS XL has a bit more power, though I think there's only one game that makes use of it (Xenoblade).

The XL is the biggest; certainly the better bet for an adult, possibly not for a smaller child.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    maidenfan said:
    The New 3DS XL has a bit more power, though I think there's only one game that makes use of it (Xenoblade).

The XL is the biggest; certainly the better bet for an adult, possibly not for a smaller child.

That's helpful, she is tall for her age, does'nt struggle with kindle or my ps4 handset. Is it likely that more games will make use of the enhanced features in due course?
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    My 9yo has the newer 3DXL and has no problems with it - just asked and she reckons Y is better than X as it is more difficult (whether that helps, I don't know) :)

That's great everyone, thankyou very much!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    maidenfan said:
    Sporky said:
    maidenfan said:

That's helpful, she is tall for her age, does'nt struggle with kindle or my ps4 handset. Is it likely that more games will make use of the enhanced features in due course?
    I don't know. I thought it was worth the extra in case.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    maidenfan said:
    Sporky said:
    maidenfan said:

I don't know. I thought it was worth the extra in case.
    My thoughts as well, cheers!