New track from m'band...

<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2754
    Very nice!   Keep them coming :)

(if I was really picky I'm not 100% sure on the arrangement for this track - I expected it to lift into the ch sooner but it's not some nice playing and good hooks)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, dude :)

The arrangement was a bit of a tough one, and we did have one attempt at it which was exactly as you describe. The main reason we did it this way was 'cos it felt like it added a little more tension putting the chorus off for a bit.
    <space for hire>
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2754
    I can imagine live it might work better the way you have it - it just felt like a variation or lift somewhere around 55 or 1.05 would keep it moving...  hope you don't mind the comment - it's still another great track!
  • John_P said:
    I can imagine live it might work better the way you have it - it just felt like a variation or lift somewhere around 55 or 1.05 would keep it moving...  hope you don't mind the comment - it's still another great track!
    Not at all, mate; all feedback's good :) I'll be honest, it's kind of a rush at the moment because we're trying to get a gig-ready set of 90% originals ready for when we start gigging properly in Feb. The songs will likely evolve as we gig them and see the audience reaction (assuming an audience, of course...).

We've got another one ready to go, so we'll put that up next weekend...watch this space...
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17842
    tFB Trader
    Good work dude, epic riffage. 

I'm always a sucker for a kick a 16th before the 2 
  • Ta, dude. It was one of those riffs that pops into your head while sitting on the toilet, then frantically run upstairs to try to record it without waking the wife up ;)
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Or pooping on the floor I'd imagine.
  • Yes, there was an element of risk involved. All part of my dedication to the cause...
    <space for hire>
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @digitalscream ; I thoroughly enjoyed this song.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Glad to hear it, @mike_l - that's what it's all about :) Just need to record a couple more songs, and we'll be releasing an EP...
    <space for hire>
    Cool, let us know when it's available. And when you're next gigging.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• sounds great, and a cracking riff :) I was going to say I'd like to hear a solo in there, but actually with that riff maybe you don't :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27002
    edited December 2013
    sounds great, and a cracking riff :) I was going to say I'd like to hear a solo in there, but actually with that riff maybe you don't :)
    Y'know, I had the same thought process. I came up with several solos for it, but none of them felt right. In the end, I came to the conclusion that not every song needs a solo. I think it's actually the only song we have which doesn't, but it still feels pretty comfortable without.

Besides which, it's nice to have a song without my tasteless widdling over the top of it ;)
    <space for hire>
  • Cheers, matey :)

Another one here:

<space for hire>
    Excellent Work Digi.

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Good stuff.  Very impressive!
    tFB Trader
    Monster riffage as always :D