What are you working on...

What's Hot
Some of you may know - I like bolting the odd Cappcaster together. Usually I'll do all the wiring, set up and so on myself... Got this one the go at the moment though...

Just waiting on a set of Mojo Vintage Relic Jazzmaster pickups and I've cheated a bit on this one and grabbed one of Marc's harnesses as well :-)

Anyway, that's what I've got on the go - what are you lot working on...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stunning

Is that Candy Green?
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    Moss said:
    Stunning

Is that Candy Green?
    It is indeed - from MJT. The finish is really well done and it's not too reliced, though the paint's really thin (as it should be) so it'll pick up dings naturally anyway...
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    Currently trying to not have to refret this
    https://goo.gl/photos/c8F7bq6VXd3ZrMtm8
    https://goo.gl/photos/83BJ21dLQGaT9SjHA

it had already had a poor refret so I've levelled and crowned etc, but the frets are so low to the board my crowning file only just managed hit the tops, bugger.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Couple of partscaster re-fins/upgrades on the go..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Looks like a really nice jazzy. Mojo pickups are meant to be the business. Never had the pleasure yet though myself. I'm currently working on a mockingbird that I covered in auto vinyl and new lace pickup, Inc rebuild and rewire etc.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29208
    I've finished my looper controller for the Helix, and it works. I should take some pictures and that.

Next job is the rebuild of the NGD.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    That's drop-dead gorgeous. I've been ogling the candy green and purple JM bodies that MJT has had on eBay recently and I'm going to have to get one of each, one day!
    Currently I have a Squier Precision Special in bits, ready to spray purple metalflake. Just need some decent weather!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    edited June 2016
    I'm in between two projects so have taken the opportunity to do a quick finishing and kitting out job on a double cut junior I bought from Grahame at @GSPBasses last year. 

Grahame had explained it was discounted because the edges were the wrong radius.  Wrong radius or not it's a WONDERFUL build (brilliant, Grahame!!!!)

It's the one I've been experimenting with the tru-oil slurry technique using an ink-stained body (another recent thread refers).

This was the result of the experiment:

But the other reason I wanted to have one and want to get on and finish it is to learn about the famous 'every tone out of a volume and tone pot' flexibility of a junior.  Having satisfied myself the slurry technique works, I'm actually glossing the body and headstock and just leaving the neck slurry-and-buff satin:

Cut, routed and epoxied the 'swifts' this afternoon (ignore the careless drip of tru-oil on the fretboard - it'll scrape off):

Lollar P90 should be arriving tomorrow :)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Nice! now I want to do a guitar like that!

I'm working on a scratch-built Tele shaped guitar with Piezo, trem, sustainiac and (hopefully) some LED trickery. 
    axisus said:
    Nice! now I want to do a guitar like that!

I'm working on a scratch-built Tele shaped guitar with Piezo, trem, sustainiac and (hopefully) some LED trickery. 

Oooooooooo.....now THAT sounds interesting!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2960
    Parts telemaster. I've finished all the tru-oiling now and I'm pretty happy with the result! Gonna hang it up for a week or so to harden then polish it up with Briwax. Just can't wait to get it all finished now. It's hard to get a good picture, it looks so much better and smoother in person.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's looking very good :)
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    Some really cool sounding and looking projects out there - I've been enjoying screwing and soldering stuff together almost as much as playing recently... Work's been really stressful for the last year or so and I'm not good enough at building these things and worry about something else at the same time so it really helps me switch off :-)

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2960
    edited June 2016
    I think I get more pleasure from building and tinkering with this sort of thing than I do from playing a lot of the time haha. I've really been enjoying planning and putting together this guitar, I think I'll be a little sad when it's all done.

Question for you guys who tru-oil. How long does it take to fully harden? I can still make an indent with my fingernail so I guess it's not ready yet. I just wanna polish it up and put it all together now but I know I must wait!