New Boss Waza craft Chorus ce-2w

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517

Yes I did think it was the amount of pitch shift controlled by the depth.

I think what I'm getting at is I doubt I'd find a mix control useful in reality, when turning down the depth would be good enough.

I would disagree, the mix control really makes a chorus pedal for me,  if for no other reason than it means you can turn it into a vibrato pedal. The moog mini chorus is wonderful for that and a depth control will never achieve that by itself.

It also stops the chorus from being in your face 80's cheese.
    What's wrong with 80's in your face cheese?  I grew up with that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    impmann said:
    So... apart from stereo (which nobody is going to use) the difference between CE1 mode and CE2 mode is????

I say again - "internet wisdom' states that the CE1 sounds like a CE2 through a normal guitar amp...
    I'm unclear as to wether CE1 mode and vibrato are seperate things or wether the CE1 mode is the vibrato ( ie what I would have told Boss to do). But it does have vibrato which the CE2 doesn't but a CE1 does. The CE3 has stereo but, as far as I can see, doesn't have vibrato so this isn't the same as a CE3 ( which, apparently, sounded different to a CE2 anyway ?) . Same would be true, I think, of the CE5. So, it's a mishmash I guess and maybe you can charge more for a CE2 Waza than if they called it a CE7. :bz
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    On the pedal there are three modes - CE1, CE2 and Vibrato... the incinuation being that the CE1 sounds different to the CE2, which internet wisdom tells me isn't the case?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

impmann said:
    On the pedal there are three modes - CE1, CE2 and Vibrato... the incinuation being that the CE1 sounds different to the CE2, which internet wisdom tells me isn't the case?

In that case I've no idea. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    The CE3 has stereo but, as far as I can see, doesn't have vibrato
    It does if you set it to Mode II and just use the A output.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited June 2016
    Boss finally doing what they should've been doing for years re: reissuing the DM2, VB2, CE2 

-  but they mess it up by doing 'wazi' shit and making them really expensive.  

.... the execution of the CE2 wazi seems very good though!
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

ICBM;1121088" said:
    EricTheWeary said:The CE3 has stereo but, as far as I can see, doesn't have vibrato

Ahh. I suppose maybe a bit of a faff on a gig rather than just a flick of the switch but Ahh.

Oh well, it seems a perfectly nice new pedal and it does stuff. Even if their old pedals did that stuff anyway.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    ICBM;1121088" said:
    EricTheWeary said:The CE3 has stereo but, as far as I can see, doesn't have vibrato

Ahh. I suppose maybe a bit of a faff on a gig rather than just a flick of the switch but Ahh.

Oh well, it seems a perfectly nice new pedal and it does stuff. Even if their old pedals did that stuff anyway.

is the mode switch a 2 or 3 position switch?    i understood it to be 3?

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Ro_S said:
    ICBM;1121088" said:

is the mode switch a 2 or 3 position switch?    i understood it to be 3?

Only 2 - I always have mine set to Mode I
    Stop crying, start buying
  • You have one?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9772
    CE-3 has 2 modes, CE-2W has 3 modes.

CE-3 is discontinued but can be found used at reasonable prices, CE-2W is not yet available to purchase.

You're welcome!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    EricTheWeary said:

ICBM said:

No, just turn the switch - unless you're using it in stereo, when you would have to mute the second amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    So did anyone get (or at least try) one of these Waza Chorus pedals?
  • I tried and it sounds great, but too much of a volume drop on the CE-2 mode for me. Doesn't sound like a CE-2 either, but is beautiful in its own right. CE-1 mode is where it's at, lovely.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922