Scam alert

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864

Just received a recorded message call from "Heather Grey" calling on behalf of the HMRC. American accent claiming they have "filed a law suit against you"

Phone number is 0161 354 9847

That is not a number used by the HMRC. It's a "scare them to make them call back and pay money" type thing.

HMRC will NEVER use a robo-call like that. I've informed HMRC but I thought I would share in the mean time.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4384
    Useful info, thanks.

It's got to the point these days where if the landline rings it's either my parents, my wife's parents, or a scam.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    I have that one before.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    The last two days I have had two separate "iffy" cold calls.
    First on my house line from "Citizens Advice" wanting me to confirm some details. I cut her off and asked for the full name of her company - "The Citizens Advice Company" comes the reply. I hang up.
    Today the call was from "companies house" wanting to confirm details of my business. When I queried the company name I was told "companies house dot gov". When I asked her to confirm that she was calling from a Government agency, she said yes! Then she hung up while I told her that as my company was not Ltd Companies House has no information about it.
    These two may not have been as sinister as in the OP - they were probably mining info to sell on to other cold callers/scammers.
    I won't help them though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom