Double Decker Oak Guitar Rack by Stand-Made

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Latest "Double-Decker" update! We've just finished making our first order for a "Retro style" 2 tier CASE Rack - takes up to 10 large bodied cases but, with leather channels added to the oak rails and our moveable neck rests, the rack can store guitars out of their cases too. There's enough room for 10 neck rests on each level  so potentially 20 slim/solid bodied electrics!! 
    Oak & Bespoke Guitar Stands & Racks made in Shropshire, England.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Oak & Bespoke Guitar Stands & Racks made in Shropshire, England.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jamesjames Frets: 50
    I love these stands, and they'd look great in our study/music room. Any plans to do something wall mounted? We don''t have much floorspace.
  • james said:
    I love these stands, and they'd look great in our study/music room. Any plans to do something wall mounted? We don''t have much floorspace.
    Hi James.
    Many thanks - really pleased you like our racks. We're always happy to look at ideas - had you seen or got an idea for something wall mounted?
    Kind regards.
    Andy
    edited September 2017
    james said:
    Many thanks - really pleased you like our racks. We're always happy to look at ideas - had you seen or got an idea for something wall mounted?
    I've not given it a great deal of thought yet. We have just moved house and thankfully it affords us a music room, but that room needs to fit a piano, my 5 guitars, and about ten different orchestral instruments. Hence the shortage of space dizzy 

In the back of my mind, I had the idea to get a strip of nicely finished oak, and attach 4 Hercules hangers to it, but one of my guitars is a classical, and the nut it too wide for the Herucles floor stander I already have.

Seeing this photo made be think it needs to be something more elegant than the above idea. I'll keep thinking on it!

stand_made said:
  • james said:
    james said:
    I've not given it a great deal of thought yet. We have just moved house and thankfully it affords us a music room, but that room needs to fit a piano, my 5 guitars, and about ten different orchestral instruments. Hence the shortage of space dizzy 

In the back of my mind, I had the idea to get a strip of nicely finished oak, and attach 4 Hercules hangers to it, but one of my guitars is a classical, and the nut it too wide for the Herucles floor stander I already have.

Seeing this photo made be think it needs to be something more elegant than the above idea. I'll keep thinking on it!

stand_made said:
    Hi James.
    We'll also have a good think over the next few days too and try to come back to you with a few sketches for your thoughts.
    Best regards.
    Andy
  • james said:
    james said:

stand_made said:
    Hi James.
    We'll also have a good think over the next few days too and try to come back to you with a few sketches for your thoughts.
    Best regards.
    Andy
    Hi James.
    This is something we'd planned looking at some time ago and, once again, it's taken a member of thefretboard to speed things along so, thank you!
    We spent this morning discussing a number of ideas before experimenting with the one we felt might offer a wall mounted "top deck" only version of our (very successful) Double-Decker Racks. It's only a basic mock up but the photo below should initially show our idea is to safely cradle & support a row of guitars from their base rather than hanging them from their heads/necks.
    Once happy, we'll offer a full range of sizes - up to 1 meter wide to take up to 10 slim/solid bodied electrics, 5/6 CASES and the opportunity to add movable neck rests/leather cushioned rails for both guitars and cases (as demonstrated above).
    I'll post up some more pictures very soon (with guitars) but in the meantime, if you had any thoughts, it would be great to hear from you.
    All the best.
    Andy

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11636
    tFB Trader
    nice work as ever

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• nice work as ever

Thanks, as always, Jonathan!! I hope all's well with you. Not to wish the next 6 months away but are you doing Brum again next year? Very best. Andy 
    That looks good!

I'd be interested to know the overall depth with an acoustic in there, as we were thinking of hanging the guitars face on to take less room.

My only other observation would be the bottom looks a bit too pointy on the corners for something I'll no doubt walk in to one day!  =)

Great work! 
  • james said:
    That looks good!

I'd be interested to know the overall depth with an acoustic in there, as we were thinking of hanging the guitars face on to take less room.

My only other observation would be the bottom looks a bit too pointy on the corners for something I'll no doubt walk in to one day!  =)

Great work! 
    Hi James.
    We've managed to advance a bit more with it today - I'm uploading a few images. Our acoustic is 40cm wide and when placed on the "Wall Rack" sideways protrudes 50cm from the wall (the Rack itself protrudes 46cm). Funnily enough we've just been approached by another forum member looking for a (floor standing) "Double-Decker" guitar Rack that allows a couple of his guitars to face forward on the top deck. I think we just need to cut the neck rests a little deeper and design a simple removable shelf that fits securely over the 2 horizontal oak rails and safely cradles the guitar/s in a forward facing position - again, I'm uploading a few images to help visualize the plan. We can then look at adapting it for the "Wall Rack" too - possibly trimming the depth for those customers wanting only to store their guitars face forward only. We plan to offer them up to 1 metre wide which will take up to 5/6 large acoustics, 10 slim/solid bodied electrics (when stored sideways) or 2 large acoustics facing forward OR any bespoke combination. We are from a family of cabinet makers (including Kitchen wall cabinets) so, so long as customers follow our instructions, the Racks will be safe/strong enough to take the weight! I'll post a few more pictures once the shelf is ready. All the best. Andy

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom