Kitchen Companies

What's Hot
ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
Does anyone know any who aren't a massive bunch of pirates who will try to charge me tens if thousands of pounds for a couple of lengths of chip board?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    IKEA do very decent kitchens at reasonable prices. I put an IKEA kitchen in my last house and couldn't fault it. One of the biggest costs with kitchens is the fitting. If you know or can get recommendations of a good handyman instead of going with the installers recommended by whoever you buy from you could save a fortune. I had a local handyman recommended. Installed the kitchen in 3 days at £100 a day. Obviously had to hire a plumber separately for a day but overall saved a lot of money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Another vote for IKEA, what kind of worktops were u getting?
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Not decided yet to be honest. Just the initial stages. I need to get the whole bloody house done really. It's working out which order to do it all. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    edited June 2016
    I agree about IKEA. I put one of their kitchens in my old place and it's still looking good. They had a clever planning gadget on their website where you can shuffle units around to find how it fits and then see it all in 3D. Not sure if that's still there? The only pain in the arse is inevitably you get bits missing or broken, so you'll need to plan for a couple of trips back to replace them. At least they keep everything in stock: if you go with B&Q/homebase etc, their units are all sourced from Italy so you can end up waiting weeks for missing bits to turn up.

We had our new kitchen last year from Howdens, very good quality units and everything is held in stock at their depots. The downside is they only deal with the trade, so you either have to have a pet builder to order the stuff for you or somehow acquire a trade card.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    I put Howdens' in the rental properties- yes you need a trade card to do this but it was a fairly simple process.
    Just tell them you are a property developer and print up a couple of business cards.

We're going to put something else in our own house but I'd have no real problem having a Howdens in here either.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    edited July 2016
    ennspek said:
    Not decided yet to be honest. Just the initial stages. I need to get the whole bloody house done really. It's working out which order to do it all. I'm rubbish at this sort of thing.
    An excellent book, if your looking to do some of the work yourself, useful advice and lots of pictures/sketches.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Complete-Manual-Albert-Jackson/dp/0007425953/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467339374&sr=1-5
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Just trying 3D kitchens now....delivery 11th July, Cost was very competitive.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Let me know how you get on please?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8154
    octatonic;1126821" said:
    I put Howdens' in the rental properties- yes you need a trade card to do this but it was a fairly simple process.Just tell them you are a property developer and print up a couple of business cards.

We're going to put something else in our own house but I'd have no real problem having a Howdens in here either.

Howden's are good. But, their designers are crap.
    IKEA are also good. John Lewis also good, but expensive.

I'm in the middle of a food damaged kitchen insurance claim, so done all the research...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    edited July 2016
    TheMarlin;1134171" said:

Howden's are good. But, their designers are crap.

They're not all crap, the Howdens guy who did ours was fine. We already had some ideas that we wanted to use but he came up with things we hadn't considered and solved a couple of issues. ;)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16296
    Howdens 
  • another Ikea vote, did the kitchen myself limited skills and managed it just fine, fair enough a few of the bits were free standing but the long window run I fitted units, a double belfast sink and birch worktops and did a great job..

it was the kitchen that opened my eyes to Ikea not just being about cheap crap.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    ennspek said:
    Let me know how you get on please?
    Will do, their units come ready built, and as much as I don't mind fitting it myself, there install cost was also pretty good and they will do it in one day...suits me.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview