How to make friends and influence people - The Farage way

What's Hot
eSullyeSully Frets: 981
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24878
    I shall be enjoying his obituary when the time comes.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Typical Guardian .. misinformation ... yes he said most of you haven't had a real job but they were booing him from the off .. he did make some valid points about working together to agree a free trade deal, remaining close friends and working together. But what the hell the guy is demonised and you can't beat a good soundbite. And no I wouldn't vote for Farrage but the likes of Farage and Corbyn get bad press as they don't fit the neat London-liberal stereotype so beloved of the BBC and papers.

I note they cut Junker's intro out. He's made some incendiary statements but gets off scot free.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited June 2016
    Fretwired said:
    Typical Guardian .. misinformation ... yes he said most of you haven't had a real job but they were booing him from the off .. he did make some valid points about working together to agree a free trade deal, remaining close friends and working together. But what the hell the guy is demonised and you can't beat a good soundbite. And no I wouldn't vote for Farrage but the likes of Farage and Corbyn get bad press as they don't fit the neat London-liberal stereotype so beloved of the BBC and papers.

I note they cut Junker's intro out. He's made some incendiary statements but gets off scot free.

I just made a similar point on another thread. Yet again selective editing by the media.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 472
    "Never done a proper job"

Representing the will of the people and upholding democracy isn't a real job apparently - who knew?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    I'd like to tie Farage and Juncker together and drop them in the middle of the North Sea to be perfectly honest, safe in the knowledge that they'd drown before either of them could be reasonable and help the other one undo the rope.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    ICBM said:
    I'd like to tie Farage and Juncker together and drop them in the middle of the North Sea to be perfectly honest, safe in the knowledge that they'd drown before either of them could be reasonable and help the other one undo the rope.
    I'd vote for that although I'd add Shultz.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Farage is a cunt. End of.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Juncker is not much better either.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    So Farage walks in, gets booed and 'no-platformed', the former Belgian PM calls him a liar and Juncker more or less tells him 'Fuck off and take your mates with you'. 

Farage says 'Who's laughing now, you lazy talent-less tossers?' 

I'm going to miss all this stuff when we're finally out. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31963
    Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    I'd vote for that although I'd add Shultz.
    Hang on, I always liked the Peanuts cartoons. :(
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    So Farage walks in, gets booed and 'no-platformed', the former Belgian PM calls him a liar and Juncker more or less tells him 'Fuck off and take your mates with you'. 

Farage says 'Who's laughing now, you lazy talent-less tossers?' 

I'm going to miss all this stuff when we're finally out. 

The ashen faces were rather funny. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    Evilmags said:
    The ashen faces were rather funny. 

Speaking of 'ashen', some agenda-driven journo wrote that Cameron arrived looking 'ashen-faced'. Not a bit of it.

The photographs showed our 'invisible PM' to be his customarily ham-faced, rosy-cheeked self as he and Juncker each struggled to be the first to throw a welcoming arm round the other's shoulder (the savvy politician's dominance trick).

Business as usual, it would seem.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Well, fair play to the bloke, I might not have agreed with all the content, but I thought he spoke very well, and told some home-truths to those who didn't want to hear it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16967
    I think he probably won some British votes today with his soundbite insults inspired by pub politics.

That worries me immensely.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Has anyone found a video unedited that includes Junker, Farage and that Belgian MEP? I've seen 5 different edits of the same event which paints wildly different versions of the same event.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7380
    Much as I dislike the man parts of that speech were very good. And I'm not talking about the insults. Still not justification for a leave vote but he outlined the problems with the EU well in the beginning part.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4703
    Now I'm not a violent person, but Farage make be want to beat the shit out of him Games of Thrones style
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22577

Much as I dislike the man parts of that speech were very good. And I'm not talking about the insults. Still not justification for a leave vote but he outlined the problems with the EU well in the beginning part.
    Farage doesn't speak bullshit all the time. He was the same during the General Election. Generally with his speeches I will agree with large amounts of it. His QT appearances are the same. Yes to point 1, I nod to point 2 but then he drops an enormous turd of an opinion presented as stone cold fact that's so laughably bad that it destroys his argument. For the General Election TV appearances, it was his comments about foreigners with AIDS coming here. If he actually pared down the things he commented on about about 25% and self-edited, he'd appeal to a lot more people. 

His speech yesterday wasn't horrible but the yah boo sucks attitude to Johnny Foreigner was pathetic. It wasn't statesmanlike or respectable.