Apple (not Brexit!)

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
Just back from the Genius Bar. Normally I knock their dodgy advertising, but they were brilliant today. Nothing technical, but the anti-glare coating on my macbook was delaminating (their word, not mine!). Basically it looked shite. It's a known problem so they fixed it despite being well out of warranty. The whole thing was ready within 6 hours of dropping it off and no cost to me. 

They even cleaned it inside and out so more fluffeh insides for my laptop for a while. You can say what you want about Apple but you don't get that service from flipping Dell.
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good on them for helping you out like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29171
    you don't get that service from flipping Dell.
    Yeah - last time I had a Dell service call they came to me and fixed it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    Just back from the Genius Bar. Normally I knock their dodgy advertising, but they were brilliant today. Nothing technical, but the anti-glare coating on my macbook was delaminating (their word, not mine!). Basically it looked shite. It's a known problem so they fixed it despite being well out of warranty. The whole thing was ready within 6 hours of dropping it off and no cost to me. 

They even cleaned it inside and out so more fluffeh insides for my laptop for a while. You can say what you want about Apple but you don't get that service from flipping Dell.

They also fixed the screen on my mate's iPhone.

And when he got it back there was a voicemail on it telling him his phone was ready for collection.

So they're not all genuises
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Sporky said:
    You bastard ruining my story! Who is shit then? Are Packard Bell still around? :D
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757

And when he got it back there was a voicemail on it telling him his phone was ready for collection.

So they're not all geniuses
    :D

While I was waiting I did hear 3 separate people be refused warranty claims due to water damage. I did lol. A friend whose boyfriend manages the Genii (sic?) in the Dubai store informs me most are due to toilet-droppage. Which is a bloody excellent reason to not want to take it back!!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966

So they're not all geniuses
    :D

While I was waiting I did hear 3 separate people be refused warranty claims due to water damage. I did lol. A friend whose boyfriend manages the Genii (sic?) in the Dubai store informs me most are due to toilet-droppage. Which is a bloody excellent reason to not want to take it back!!
    I fear this iPhone on toilet business will be the undoing of society as we know it.

I'm almost totally convinced it is responsible for queues in the gents toilets for cubicles... something I don't remember happening on such a scale even 10 years ago.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29171
    Sporky said:
    You bastard ruining my story! Who is shit then? Are Packard Bell still around? :D
    I hope not!

Also the Dell was in warranty.

Gateway 2000 (anyone remember them?) once had a courier deliver me not only a new monitor, but also a box to return the "faulty" one, and weren't at all put out when I discovered (and felt I should tell them) that the horrible flicker on the monitor was actually because of the big power amp it sat next to. Ahem.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10554

Dell offer different warranties on their products. You can get a nice 3 year onsite warranty for a nice Dell Latitude or Precision ....... cheaper models  are one year return to base but you can upgrade that at the time of purchase. 

In the old days when IBM, HP, Compaq and Toshiba were knocking out business machines they would honour the remainder of the warranty (normally 3 years) regardless if you weren't the original owner. I made many a tidy sum buying faulty machines that I knew were under warranty and then getting the OEM to fix them for nothing :)

Packard Bell are still sold in PC World \ Currys etc. It's a brand badge for other OEM laptops from China ........ normally really bad laptops in my experience
    www.2020studios.co.uk