What is the first song you are going to learn in 2014?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10723
    I've got to learn 22 Beatles songs in time for end of January! :-O
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Shred-Beatles. Strangely that works. \m/

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Turned out to be mother by Pink Floyd!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    mike_l said:
    One of my favourite riffs!
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    edited January 2015
    Learnt 'My Old School' by Steely Dan for last weekend's dep gig. TWO cracking guitar solos plus two short lead break features - they are spoiling me! Played the salient features of the Denny Dias original and widdled for the bits in between. Stuffed any effort to recreate the hollow tone on the original, just wellied it through the Hughes & Kettner half-stack provided as backline :-D
  • Learning Venusus Daughter by Burning Water. Had to get Adrian Clarke to transcribe for me as I'd spent months trying to get the riffs accurate. He did a freakishly accurate job.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    For the past few days I've been infatuated by Sabbra Cadabra by Black Sabbath. Just can't get the riff out of my head for some reason!

Haven't had time to really analyse it but I got everything but the breakdown in the middle down.

I'm actually learning the Metallica cover though as I love Metallica :\">