The dumb comment and quote thread

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
Big demo about Brexit in London today. Jarvis Cocker, the musician, recorded a video message in Paris. The Pulp frontman said: “You cannot deny geography. The UK is in Europe. How can you take it out?”

We're leaving the EU not Europe you bellend. You'd have thought he'd get it right since he videoed it. Why can't people distinuish between the two?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Indeed, I think most of the protesters think we're demolising the Channel Tunnel and sinking all the ferries.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    And literally having nothing to do with Europe ever again. We're leaving an administrative organisation ffs. I had people on my Facebook feed saying they wept when the result of the vote came in. Grief?!? Good grief...
    Use Your Brian
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5037
    You guys scored a massive own goal. Just get on with it now..
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11444
    Indeed, I think most of the protesters think we're demolising the Channel Tunnel and sinking all the ferries.
    Well, we need something to occupy our time now we've limped out of the football.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24876
    Jarvis also does Sainsbury's adverts now.

'I met her in a supermarket....'

He's gone from being one of Britpops most interesting lyricists to someone who's rather dull.

Still - could be worse. He could be Damon Albarn....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    edited July 2016

And not just the protesters. 

Just talking to the rellies in Dublin ten minutes ago; they're appalled by reports:

'Sure, it's terrible how you're having all these race riots. And all the immigrants getting thrown out - have they set a date for when they've got to leave? Will we still be able to come and visit you?'

It's not their fault. So many people and institutions have a vested interest in painting it as the end of the world; I suppose the Irish media's no different.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Dumb comments - I'd add that ridiculous lengthy comment that appeared in various newspaper sites and was repeated here a few times and included the notion that no-one will want the PM job as it is "political suicide". Written by a Remainer in a pathetic attempt to dissuade MPs?

Oh, look. We have plenty of runners in the leadership race!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16421
    I'm having to paraphrase over a week on but I liked the pop vox with the lady who said she'd voted Leave so that Britain could be like it was hundreds of years ago.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Dumb comments 2 - Gove stabbed Boris in treachery.

As I said last Monday, Boris canvassed his Tory colleagues over last weekend and fell short. When canvassing he didn't have a list of senior supporters to impress those whose support he sought. So by Monday they too knew he was in trouble. By Tuesday night he realised nobody wanted him on their team (other than the no-hopers). He knew he was a dead duck.

Gove enters the race. Did Gove stab Boris in the back? No. You can't kill a corpse....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4953
    @Emp_Fab - proper laugh-out-loud!
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Fretwired said:
    Big demo about Brexit in London today. Jarvis Cocker, the musician, recorded a video message in Paris. The Pulp frontman said: “You cannot deny geography. The UK is in Europe. How can you take it out?”

We're leaving the EU not Europe you bellend. You'd have thought he'd get it right since he videoed it. Why can't people distinuish between the two?
    if the UK could actually leave Europe, I'd have thought we'd have set sail for somewhere I bit sunnier long ago.. lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    Nitefly said:
    @Emp_Fab - proper laugh-out-loud!
    ...and it's real too.  I checked it out as best I could first.  =))
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14012
    edited July 2016
    George Osborne, pre Referendum:

• £15bn of tax rises, comprising a 2p rise in the basic rate of income tax to 22%, a 3p rise in the higher rate to 43% plus a 5% rise in the inheritance tax rate to 45p
    • An increase in alcohol and petrol duties by 5%
    • Spending cuts worth £15bn, including a 2% reduction for health, defence and education, equivalent to £2.5bn, £1.2bn, £1.15bn a year respectively
    • Larger cuts of 5% from policing, transport and local government budgets
    Within weeks of Leave vote apparently...