Amazon parcels from ebay?

BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
I've had two occurrences in the last couple of weeks of things where I've bought thing from sellers on ebay and the parcel has arrived as a fully branded Amazon purchase.
Anyone know what the deal is with that? Surely they're paying ebay fees and a fee to Amazon, so I would have thought it was more expensive for them.
Anyone else had similar experiences?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16981
    Possibly warehouse deals resold closer to original price?
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    Yeah I was wandering what that was about. I bought something last week on ebay and it came from amazon. The good thing was I ordered it on a Saturday and it got delivered on the Sunday.

Maybe its just cheaper for some amazon businesses to use ebay as a shopfront. Its all about making the various fees and postage costs work for you. Bit of a juggling act I would imagine. When you consider they are offering free postage, and selling things for just a couple of quid. They have to find a way to cover their costs and still make a decent profit.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    I wondered if it was like the "fulfilled by Amazon" sellers on amazon, where they have their stock in an amazon warehouse, so that they sort out all the picking and shipping. 
    I'm still surprised that that would be cost effective with ebay fees on top too.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9784

Yes, I bought some Aeropress filters from ebay, mainly because of the price and the seller would likely put them in a jiffy bag which would fit through my letterbox.

They arrived in a bloody shoebox sized thing from Amazon, nestling among a big pile of scrunched-up brown paper. Had to drive 2 miles to the sorting office to pick them up.

• Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    There is a wave of people selling goods on ebay and then using their own Prime Account, get it delivered as a gift to you.  Typically appears to be Amazon add-on purchases that you cannot buy individually to qualify for the discounted price, so combining the purchase makes the whole process work.

Confused the hell out me to start with but its not a bad business model.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 473
    I had this as well a couple of weeks ago. Ordered a power bank for my phone from an eBay seller on the Saturday and had it delivered next day, packed in Amazon cardboard. Bizarre and slightly frustrating if like me you try to boycott Amazon where possible.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    edited July 2016
    Yep, i bought a couple of dresses for the wife a few weeks ago and they were delivered in an amazon box.

It was in the description that this would happen so no surprises but it did happen.