Consumer rights (mumsnet alert)

What's Hot
PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7395
edited July 2016 in Off Topic
I've just received a safety notice for the buggy we bought 6 months ago that basically states that they have had reports the buggy slips down to the lying position with babies in it. 

The suggested resolution is to take the buggy in to a service center to check if the fault is present and if so make an adjustment. The alternative is a exchange for £190 in vouchers. 

Given that including the carry cot we spent nearly 700 quid plus have bought a number of accessories I feel that the offer is extremely low. 

Unfortunately we are going on holiday in 2 weeks so if they can't turn around the repairs quickly we have no option but to take a £500 loss on this. 

It seems like I should have some consumer protection here that would title us to either a refund or replacement but he only actual legislation I have found stipulates that a refund / replacement is only a requirement within the first 30 days. Any one able to point me at some helpful laws to quote during negotiation tomorrow?

For reference here is the recall notice:

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16981
    Take the money, use the pushchair within the guidance.

Surely now you know it has the potential to slip in a certain position you can be careful to ensure that doesn't happen.

I say this as a parent of an 8 week old
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7395
    I think from my reading id need to return it to get the £190 and I kind of object to spending it on another buggy from mamas and papas (since theyre only offering vouchers).

I have considered taking it on holiday and being careful and sorting the mess out when we get back but the wife had kittens at that idea :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Aslo taking it apart and trying to figure out myself if the catch is dodgy has been veto'd
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16981
    edited July 2016
    PolarityMan;1139960" said:
    I think from my reading id need to return it to get the £190 and I kind of object to spending it on another buggy from mamas and papas (since theyre only offering vouchers).

I have considered taking it on holiday and being careful and sorting the mess out when we get back but the wife had kittens at that idea :D
    Well that is properly shit then

Is it £700 for the whole system or just the base.... Is it a travel system or just a buggy
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    edited July 2016
    Take the £190 and buy a Mclaren. You'll end up with one eventually anyway. Everybody does.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Could you take it into the service centre to get fixed and, if that's going to take longer than 2 weeks, demand a substitute in the meantime?
    They gave us a loan buggy until the repair is done so crisis averted. \o/
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ