Those Marshall Speakers

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27858
These ones -

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0230/0765/products/marshall-stanmore-bluetooth-loudspeaker-4.jpg

Has anyone got one? They seem to review well but wondering if anyone here has one and can give real-world thoughts?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    They look superb, a few times I have thought about buying one, but I haven't been able to test the sound quality anywhere. I dead sure that my local John Lewis would stick them, but they don't.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27858
    duotone said:
    They look superb, a few times I have thought about buying one, but I haven't been able to test the sound quality anywhere. I dead sure that my local John Lewis would stick them, but they don't.
    My thoughts exactly. My local places here have them but are nowhere near quiet enough to properly get an idea how they sound.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    They have a range of bluetooth speakers. They seem to be named after shit bits of London for some reason. ;-)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    They have a range of bluetooth speakers. They seem to be named after shit bits of London for some reason. ;-)
    Could be worse. "Introducing the new Marshall Barnsley... "
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73148
    I'm pretty sure they're named after places in Jim Marshall's early life. They probably have more 60s blues-boom associations than calling them the 'Bletchley', anyway…

I don't know what they sound like but they look fantastic. It's a shame whoever designed them wasn't allowed to do the same thing with their recent guitar amps. I'm almost inclined to buy the cheapest one just to see what they're like.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    My friend has got one and raves about it as a kitchen music player - not sure it would stand up to critical listening as your main hifi, but I don't think they're marketed as being that either.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616

Roland JC-01 Bluetooth Speaker

I prefer the look of that one ^^
    BigMonka said:
    My friend has got one and raves about it as a kitchen music player - not sure it would stand up to critical listening as your main hifi, but I don't think they're marketed as being that either.
    That's exactly what I'd use it for. Only considering the Acton, which is the smallest of the non-portable ones and roughly the same power as our current kitchen speaker thingy