SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS: Project Amp - Sound City Concord 2x12

jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
edited August 2016 in Amps £
I bought this off an ex-colleague with a view to trying my hand at some amp restoration with a bit of learning in the mix. Like all great ideas nothing has come of it so I thought I'd see if anyone on here would be interested.

It belonged to the deceased father of said ex-colleague and he had a very random collection of guitar related things that they got rid of. Step in muggins here! The power valves were shot - one was actually broken and I did at one point clean out the cobwebs, spray switch cleaner strategically in various places and install a pair of EL34s to see if the amp would make a noise. It did, as in I successfully got a guitar sound out of it albeit not a very loud one. Sounded nice with a Barber Direct Drive though. The slider controls were very crackly IIRC, and the reverb was intermittent at best. (EL34s since taken out and used elsewhere). There are side handles too that I didn't take pics of. 

I've left all the preamp etc valves in there - some good old solid British Brimar/Mullard ones that I have little inclination to test, so no promises. 

As can be seen from the pics (https://flic.kr/s/aHskDVAhZE) she looks a bit battered rock 'n' roll and one of the speaker cones appears to have suffered some abuse. 

Not sure how to price this, probably a labour of love more than a practical project. There may be some value in the old valves, but then again they also may be a bit worn. How about £120 £90 or some sort of reasonably close offer? I can't think of any trades other than maybe a nice trem pedal. Amp is in West Wales, miles from anywhere, but I'd be willing to travel a bit for petrol monies. Nothing to pack it in for posting currently, sorry.

Here's a preview:

Sound City Concord
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments