Post CBT bike insurance?

What's Hot
marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
Anyone here had themselves insured after their CBT?

Bike? age? (roughly, we're all friends here) Price paid?

I'm 22, looking to do my CBT in a few weeks and getting prices ranging from £200 to £900 on a Honda XR125

I know there's a lot of variables with insurance, just looking to see what others have paid

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited July 2016
    I'm 18 and just passed my CBT, not seen a quote below £300 Third party only on a knackered CG125. I'll look at sharing a bike with my sister, and expect to pay about £450 with her as a named rider, third party only on something like a Lexmoto Venom SE.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    Lexmoto are decent bikes too it seems by the way. Next year they'll be adding Fuel injection and ABS into the same RRP. The venom has a Suzuki engine with a balace shaft, and a massive spares supply on chinese motorcycpe parts online too.
    'Awibble'
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3368
    edited July 2016
    44, 2012 YBR125, pay about £130 fully comp with RAC breakdown Inc.
    Dont know where you're doing your cbt, but make sure it isn't london bike training. Booked the course on a manual bike, with a 2:1 student instructor ratio The manager/second instructor didnt turn up so It was 4:1 with 2 on auto, 2 on manual. He realised he couldnt teach us to ride the manual bikes properly as well as the auto guys so at lunchtime he passed them without even doing the road portion of the day. Before putting us on automatic scooters, otherwise he'd fail us.
    'Awibble'
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12532
    Try Cornmarket for insurance (used to be Adelaide), they're the cheapest broker I've found. I'm 61 and I've just paid £130 fully comp on a 2007 Honda 1000.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34003
    I paid around £150 for insuring a YBR125 in London.
    I was 41 at the time with a clean license.
    This was with MCN.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Don't go third party only, I found most of the time third party fire and theft was actually cheaper. Plus it obviously is the better of the two to go for. Do you plan on doing anything else, or just your CBT? I am 19, did my CBT immediately followed by an A2 (didn't own a 125), I have an er5, and I payed about 350ish for 3rd party fire and theft. I had no riding experience nor road experience.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    @Hertz32 thanks buddy, was looking to do it with A2Z Rider Training in Islington, spoken to them and they seem very genuine.

@Mkjackary yeah will probably go 3rd party fire and theft. that was what I had with my first year of car insurance. At the moment probably just my CBT, i still need to put together funds as I want to get riding (for practice) as soon after my CBT as I can. Wouldn't be able to afford anything more at the moment
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Yeah, if you don't mind me asking, how long roughly is it since your birthday? If it is a couple of months or more that will be pretty good timing.as you will have just enough cbt left that when you turn 24 and can do your A licence (unrestricted) you should have enough time on your CBT left to do your theory, training and mod1/mod2.

That is if you want to get a bike of any cc/bhp. You may still be happy on your 125 and so you could just do another CBT and ride a 125 for another 2 years.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    edited July 2016
    @Mkjackary ;birthday is in October so plenty of time. at the moment it's just money dependant, want to get cbt, 125/insurance and gear so gotta save!