Fender conversion necks

2»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2960
    Hmm how far forward would it have to go and wouldn't it look a bit messy?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1080
    edited July 2016
    It might look a bit odd as it would be closer to the pickup, but if my calculations are correct, 3/4". If you buy the right plate in term of screw holes, even if you have to drill new ones, the plate will almost certainly cover the old ones. If you have to dowel the old ones it still won't matter as it will be covered with the 24" or 25" setup.
    edited July 2016
    I'm just having a re-think and am wondering if the string holes would be visible behind the plate and I think they might be :-(

Measure the distance from the back of the bridge to the string holes and the screw holes and tell us what it is if you have time.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    I've got one of the Wilkinson half plate Tele bridge plates going spare if you need it ? 
    Are you not better off getting rid of the guitar entirely and buying a Squier Jag?

Wasn't there a Squier Tele Thinline that had a Gibson scale? I seem to remember that there was one a few years ago, so if you like the Tele sound, maybe that's an option...
    Right now I'm thinking one of these might be my best option :( the squier thinline looks great actually but doesn't seem easy to find as it looks like it was discontinued? 
    That is the problem as I don't think it was a big seller. One will come up eventually and you should be able to pick it up for not much cash I would imagine. In the meantime you can put yours up for sale as you still have the SG
    edited July 2016
    I emailed Guitarbuild.co.uk to see if they do conversion necks and they said that they don't at the minute but are hoping to later in the year, so I may just wait it out for a while! Hopefully will be affordable like their other necks.