Radio Stations

What's Hot
I was in hospital this afternoon and I have no idea what radio station was playing in the waiting room, but I think it was called "Songs you wish you'd never have to listen to again"

Just ranting a bit to be honest.
PSN id : snakey33stoo
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Sounds like they had it tuned to Absolute Radio, where it's 1993 every day.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16467
    In the car I flit between Absolute,  R2,  R4, R5.. There are radio stations that I don't seem to know exist that turn up in places like the blood donation centre playing only songs that I'd turn over from in the car or stick a cd in. So,  I feel your pain. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i used to listen all the time to 'planet rock'. then they changed all the digital frequencies earlier this year, and surprise surprise! i live in an area where it isn't available. now in itself that angers me, but what compounds it is that there are still about 7 other stations on there all playing the same identical shite,' kiss', 'heart', etc etc all belting out adele, kanye and 5sos. wtf happened to choice!??
    I had Planet Rock on FM but that got replaced by Absolute. 
  • R4ex in bed, R6 if radio on in the day.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    edited July 2016
    cacophony said:
    i used to listen all the time to 'planet rock'. then they changed all the digital frequencies earlier this year, and surprise surprise! i live in an area where it isn't available.... wtf happened to choice!??
    Yeah but Planet Rock isn't about choice either.  Right now they'll be playing:
    SCOM, then
    Highway to Hell, then
    one of two ZZ Top songs,
    then an advert featuring a bloke with a "right geezer" voice persuading you to buy power tools at a discount.
    Oh, and there will be a traffic jam on the M6!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    You should try Talksport. No annoying music at all. It's basically wall to wall adverts interspersed with very occasional snippets of banter, they do manage to keep the banter to a minimum though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Skarloey said:
    Sounds like they had it tuned to Absolute Radio, where it's 1993 every day.
    I haven't a clue what it was, I just remember thinking "one ear was blocked this morning, why can't they both be blocked now?"
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34024
    Team Rock Radio FTW.
    Now they left DAB they are even better.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11462
    Arrow's not too bad, although a tad repetitive.
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4225
    You can always listen to me tomorrow night! 7-9 pm www.abbey104.com
    never play the same thing 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12462
    We have a community station called Allfm here in Manchester, play a great mix of stuff, Beefheart,stooges then maybe Taylor Swift pops up out of nowhere. And then it's big Bill Broonzy or summat. I'd love to work at that station
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    axisus said:
    You should try Talksport. No annoying music at all. It's basically wall to wall adverts interspersed with very occasional snippets of banter, they do manage to keep the banter to a minimum though
    i don't know how that station keeps going, like you said it is all ads, i once timed how long the presenters actually talked about sport in an hour, it was not quite 20 minutes. the rest of the hour was ads, banteriffic cringey trailers done by that dork who does all the "funny" voices and accents on there (which all sound the same btw), etc etc

as for the lack of stations, i shouldn't be surprised , i live in norfolk, not more than a mile from the airport, yet can't get loads of digital stations, (according to the website i'm one of the unfortunate 1.8% who don't have full coverage) also, at home we don't get a mobile signal, so swings and roundabouts!!
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Yep, radio is generally crap these days. I tend to veer between Absolute Adverts, Talkshite, Planet Rock (where I can pick it up) and R2. Far too many adverts on those first three, plus I only really listen to Vine on R2.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    @cacophony I would consider it a big positive not being in a digital radio reception area. But I do agree that there is very little choice or variety on radio programmes these days. There must be a market for a 100% country station or a folk music station....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• DamianPDamianP Frets: 501
    Radio London, Radio 4 or off. 
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    Capitol Radio , same 12 songs all friggin day long , I think its just a CD on loop , there don't even seem to be any DJs.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16301
    Absolute Radio - the voice-over ...........that pompous,plummy shouty Brian Blessed type style really annoys me especially the tag voice for Absolute Radio with it's slightly Eddie Izzard overtones .....................makes me irate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2667

Don't really listen to radio stations for music now, although when I do it is something like http://kexp.org/player/LivePlayer.aspx

Dominic said:
    Absolute Radio - the voice-over ...........that pompous,plummy shouty Brian Blessed type style really annoys me especially the tag voice for Absolute Radio with it's slightly Eddie Izzard overtones .....................makes me IRATE.  MATT BERRY