SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Midi Controller.

Si_Si_ Frets: 384
Looking for a small Midi footswitch.. something  a lot smaller than an FCB1010..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Still looking.. cash waiting..
    Still here.. cash ready to go..
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9728
    Disaster Area DMC-4 Gen 2 ? Brand new !?
  • Disaster Area DMC6. What are you switching?
    I'm switching a Tc Electronic G-Major. Thise DMC pedals look good but do they work for generic switching? they seem to be for specific pedals (unless I'm reading it wrong).

• @Si, what do you want your MIDI controller to do?  This may sound like a flippant question, but it's one worth asking yourself. The functionality you require will define the controller you need.  What are you switching in the G-Major?  How many patches are you switching between?  Do you need a Continuous Controller linked to an expression pedal to do any cool stuff?

"something a lot smaller than an FCB1010", the DMCs are certainly fill all your specs so far.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9728
    DMC are amazing. They can be programmed very simply for anything.

@Si, what do you want your MIDI controller to do?  This may sound like a flippant question, but it's one worth asking yourself. The functionality you require will define the controller you need.  What are you switching in the G-Major?  How many patches are you switching between?  Do you need a Continuous Controller linked to an expression pedal to do any cool stuff?

"something a lot smaller than an FCB1010", the DMCs are certainly fill all your specs so far.
    I'm not looking for anything fancy, simple patch switching will do.  No need for an expression pedal, CC messages would be handy but not essential.

How much for the DMC-4 and DMC-6 pedals chaps?
  • How do you want to switch patches.  Do you want to cycle through the presets in sequence, or so you fancy a bit of random access action (i.e. Patch 98 to 34 to 23, etc)?  Do you want to have buttons assigned to a few selected patches?
    buttons assigned to a few patches ideally, with maybe a few different backs. however, simple scrolling through patches would also work ssuing I can scroll without switching until I press the button (if you get what I mean).

• This sounds like a custom build, and not a particularly hard one if you know your way around electronics.

It would be easy enough to build a unit that has nine buttons; six dedicated to selecting and activating dedicated presets, one for preset up, one for preset down, one for preset select; and an input for an expression pedal.

Is this the sort of thing that you want?
    Yea that would cover everything.. 6 dedicated buttons for patches is probably too many, 3 would be enough.  Something like the Axess electronics mfc 5  would be ideal.

• dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 92
    edited January 2014
    DMC - 6 is brand new. I never used it. £140. Will also include the package switch that does tap tempo and works as favourite switch for Strymon. May be worth mailing Disaster Area as I am guessing he will need to send different firmware.

Cheers Rich
    Thanks Rich, I'll email them and see what they say about it.
    DMC - 6 is brand new. I never used it. £140. Will also include the package switch that does tap tempo and works as favourite switch for Strymon. May be worth mailing Disaster Area as I am guessing he will need to send different firmware.

Cheers Rich
    I have confirmation that all will work however there not much more than £140 new. I'd probably go to £100 as it's a bit of an unknown.
  • Ok.
    edited January 2014
    Can you PM me a few pictures, and we can work out the payment/delivery. Where do you live? do you know which firmware yours has on it?

I'm still on the lookout for a Midi controller..
    Still looking.. picked something up last week but it won't do what I need.
    bump..