How do they 'depoliticise' this?

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34005
Austria are planning on seizing the birthplace of Hitler in order to depoliticise it.
This strikes me as problematic as whatever they turn it into will still be the place that Hitler was born and Neo-Nazi towns will still have a place to go.

How should they deal with it?
I propose a massive concrete dildo with Hitler's face on the head. (but enough about my private life).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36777163
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73148
    Make it a memorial museum to the 20 million or so people killed as a result of his politics - with special emphasis on the ones who are rarely remembered anywhere else… the German and Austrian civilians and military conscripts who were also directly the victims, especially towards the end of the war. That might bring it a bit closer to home for any idiots who still think he was a good thing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • The bit at the end is great for those who've never heard of him! Hitler; A BBC potted history ;)

"Adolf Hitler lived on the street Salzburger Vorstadt for only a few weeks before his family moved to another address in Braunau. They left the town for good when Hitler was three years old.

Hitler went on to rule Nazi Germany from 1933 until his death at the end of World War Two in 1945.

His regime was responsible for the deaths of millions of people."

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Oh, they meant *that* Hitler!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5072
    edited July 2016
    ICBM said:
    Make it a memorial museum to the 20 million or so people killed as a result of his politics - with special emphasis on the ones who are rarely remembered anywhere else… the German and Austrian civilians and military conscripts who were also directly the victims, especially towards the end of the war. That might bring it a bit closer to home for any idiots who still think he was a good thing.
    Yep. There were so many that the Final Solution targeted that are rarely mentioned, alongside the conscripts and civilians. It was so much more than is usually discussed. The sterilisation of vast numbers, and planned continuation of even more isn't often referred to, for example.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    they're build a Tesco Express on it.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom