Question for Leave Voters

What's Hot
xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
Genuine question. How do you feel now that the leave campaigners that drove the campaign you supported are now either sacked or under the scrutiny of a remain supporting PM?

No massive debates required. Just curious as I don't know anyone that says they voted to leave.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I think May was the best choice for PM. Her person preference for remain/leave doesn't come into it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Fine with it. Got a good,as in difficult, woman to boss the cabinet and the EU people around. We'll end up OK as she's committed to Leaving . God help her if she renages on it.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I couldn't give a monkey's about BoJo, Gove, Leadsom, Nige etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I'm not a leave voter, but it's nothing to do with those 3 or 4 people who 'led' the campaign, they are irrelevant. It's a principle that stands for itself. I am most happy that our Government is not going to be run by leave voters.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I voted Remain but I'm happy that May is PM. I believe she's the best person for the job.

It's long overdue that we have someone in charge who is more than vaguely in touch with reality so, unless she fucks up our leaving the EU, I think she'll be a decent leader.

Of course she could well end up being as completely shit as every other MP but time will tell.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Happy.
    Being leave voter I voted leave in spite of bj, give etc, not because of them. Think may has got it spot on.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I voted leave irrespective of which politicians were backing it. 
    It would be very strange to vote on such a big issue based on which pack of lying cunts back it aswell.
    They are all lying twats, so i voted purely on my own views. 

I would say May seems the best of the pick for PM though.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    sheq said:
    Genuine question. How do you feel now that the leave campaigners that drove the campaign you supported are now either sacked or under the scrutiny of a remain supporting PM?

I voted for 'leave' not for the campaigners. Politics is a filthy, lying corrupt institution, so I expected the deception, lies, and misleading rhetoric from both sides to achieve their aims - no different to a general election.

However, providing brexit is still the genuine course this new government will take, then May and her new cabinet 'appear' to offer the best way forward.

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
    The main point is, we are leaving, whatever happens now is under our control, if the administration is shite, we can democratically replace it........
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    sheq said:
    No massive debates required. Just curious as I don't know anyone that says they voted to leave.  

That'll be because of the hatred and insults aimed at them constantly. Same as the 'shy Tory'.

I didn't vote for the leave campaigners to run the country. We weren't choosing between two political parties with a manifesto. Perfectly happy with what's happened so far.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    sheq said:

Or the new Foreign secretary?
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    Dont care.   I wasnt voting for the people running the Brexit campaign - nor did I vote on issues they raised as such, or on how they did in debates.  I did my own research on the EU itself, and UKs role in it along with what we could and couldnt do while being  a member.

Those involved were figure heads and nothing more.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    sheq said:

1. I think you'll find that a lot of people had already mind up their minds - on both sides - before the campaigning started.

2. It wasn't a general election.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11544
    While May was on the remain side, I don't think she was ever an over the top EU enthusiast.  I get the impression she was was on the remain side more as a better the devil you know kind of thing than because she loves the EU.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12119
    don't care, didn't vote because of any of them. Poltically wise to include some Leavers in the cabinet
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Their names weren't on the voting slip so its irrelevent. Did Remain voters vote for David Cameron?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    OK, I get the idea. Thanks!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom