Saw a Lamborghini Miura today.

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7752
edited July 2016 in Off Topic

In particular, it is a rare right-hand-drive one in a fabulous bright green, registration BWA 532G - I first saw this very car on an episode of Top Gear 10+ years ago, when I must have been eight or nine. It captured my imagination then, mainly due to the noise it made in the feature, and seeing it up close was pretty damn special.

For a car that is 50 years old, it's amazing how striking it still looks. It was like a spaceship.

Here it is on TG. The bit that made my hair stand on end as a little kid was the noise at 0:17... and again at 3:40.

So yeah, that was pretty awesome.
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    A very cool car
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27165
    Extremely cool.

Side note: just looking at your thread history, I've come to the conclusion that clickbait sites have created an entire generation of people who think in Diply headlines.
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I've changed the thread title. Hopefully the mere mention of such a wonderful car is clickbait enough.

The new software made this endeavour needlessly hard. I had to re-paste the YouTube and Instagram links because they died as soon as I went to edit the post, then the Instagram one didn't even appear the second time so I had to re-paste that, then the YouTube link died when I did that so I had to re-paste that again. Any idea @digitalscream ;
    edited July 2016
    <space for hire>
    Yeah, OK. The editor is re-interpreting the YT embed unnecessarily. That won't be an easy fix :(
    <space for hire>
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29223
    Turn it off and back on?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    One of the most beautiful cars ever made.
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 574
    That and the Dino. Lovely. 
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1941
    Miura, Dino, Bora*. Three of the most beautiful cars ever built.

*Maserati, obvs.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Lovely.  I travel to Bologna with clients so often visit the Lamborghini and Ferrari museums. Sure beats
    my Mondeo. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    tFB Trader
    Stunning machine, that and a Ferrari 250gto are pure sex on wheels 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4225
    I am off to classics at the castle in five minutes, will takes some pics for you car lovers, loads of Astons, Ferrari's etc plus famous historical cars like 110 year old fiats and RR. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16301
    Miura is probably the best ever car design - when I was a kid Rod Stewart let me and my friends sit in his - it was white
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Dominic said:
    Miura is probably the best ever car design - when I was a kid Rod Stewart let me and my friends sit in his - it was white
    I'd say it's terrible as a design (very dangerous at speed due to front end lift etc) but in terms of the ground it broke, and just its significance as a piece of art on wheels, it's hard to disagree.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Bucket said:
    Dominic said:
    I'd say it's terrible as a design (very dangerous at speed due to front end lift etc) but in terms of the ground it broke, and just its significance as a piece of art on wheels, it's hard to disagree.
    Best part of 50 years ago, 174mph and a terrible design? Go wash your mouth out...  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Not a bad effort for a tractor company. Being old enough to remember how much worse cars were then the thought of that sort of power in a frame and chassis from that era makes me shudder (although I'd love one). A modern 500 bhp car is more than violent enough. 
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 438
    Sat in a Miura when I was about 10. Belonged to a friend of my dads. At the one I was more interested in his Ferrari 308GTS! You need 500bhp+ with only a couple of poxy drum brakes on the rear wheels like the Napier-Railton from the '30s to make you're arse really go like a rabbits nose @Evilmags
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16301
    I should have said best-looking designs rather than best designs 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29223
    Evilmags said:
    Not a bad effort for a tractor company.
    Lamborghini Trattori never manufactured cars, and Automobili Lamborghini never manufactured tractors.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Sporky said:
    Evilmags said:
    Not a bad effort for a tractor company.
    Lamborghini Trattori never manufactured cars, and Automobili Lamborghini never manufactured tractors.
    Grande pedante.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom