The singles charts when you first started listening to music ......

axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
I've really enjoyed browsing this website, you can call up the UK top 40 charts for any week in history.

It was a real walk down memory lane for me, checking out various weeks through 1976 - 78, a time when I was REALLY into the charts (mid-teens). I feel all nostalgic now!

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19780611/7501/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Ha ha, just tried my 14th birthday (May 1963) - Beatles "From Me To You" was number one.  4 instrumentals in the top 20!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Nitefly said:
    Ha ha, just tried my 14th birthday (May 1963) - Beatles "From Me To You" was number one.  4 instrumentals in the top 20!
    I was born May 63! (Star wars birthday)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28101
    I really got into music during the glam rock years 72/74, some tracks still make me immediately think of playing pool & snooker in youth clubs around the town as that stuff was playing in the background ... 

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16466
    This week I was arriving home from work on Thursday at about 6:50pm and thinking how nice it would be if TOTP came on as I walked in through the door. Rarely missed it since I was quite young with having three older siblings. 
    The first things I really remember were those sort of faux rock'n'roll bands like The Rubettes and Mud and Showadywaddy (or however you spell that). I saw a version of Mud live once which was fine and they still sound fun to me. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I can relate to @TTony ; sentiment. Another early 70s awakening really. Had been aware of music before but peer pressure and just being at a certain age (mine and the music industrys) put me in a very good place. TOTP was a staple if my parents didn't want to watch the other side (yes we had two or three chanels in those days).
    Will todays yoof look back with fondness at a peot talking over some beats i wonder, probably yes which is fairly sad imo.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4225
    Remember sitting in my youth club on a Thursday evening with my guitar learning the intro off Seasons in the sun by Terry Jacks, must have been about 74ish!