Harvest time - that's summer over then!

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28102
The view from my office window just now ...

Harvest time has started, which I always think means the end of summer ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
DSC_0589.JPG 610.2K
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    Yeah... I was driving to my studio this morning and noticed a couple of tractors turning over grass to be bailed. I got a yellow warning for rain email about 10 mins later. :/
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    They should plant maize, it might make you feel less depressed, or oil seed rape, which would make you more.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    They've been harvesting hay and silage for weeks, the late sunshine means the winter sown grain harvest is about a week or 10 days later this year. They'd better get on with it, ripe corn on golden straw will lay flat in moments with a thunderstorm and be hard or impossible to harvest. Wednesday evening is not looking good for our area.

Make hay while the sun shines!

I always think the kids going back to school was the signal for the end of summer, the evenings start to cool down rapidly after that.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28102
    Sambostar said:
    oil seed rape, which would make you more.
    That stuff used to really affect me - streaming hayfever type symptoms - completely knocked me out.

Now it really doesn't bother me at all, which is lucky 'cos some years it feels like we live in the middle of acres of the stuff.  Probably because we do live in the middle of acres of the stuff.

Beautiful for a few weeks though @Sambostar ;

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom