Exactly how do you "get into property "

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Did it 10yrs ago, just caught the last price rise wave, stuck it all in a Ltd Co. which in my opinion was the best way to go. benefited from interest rate drops, as I never went more than 2 yr fixed, so at the moment...8 houses ( 2 beds / midlands) generating around 30k PA gross after I/O mortgages are paid....Would I do it now...probably not, but I am looking to buy renovation projects to sell on. I always stuck to I/O...I just cant see the benefit of paying off in my position and time of life,

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    edited July 2016
    If only I could invent some sort of bio software that locks the keyboard or edits my posts when I am off my head and sell it to myself.  I'd be rich enough to get on the housing market.

It's kind of annoying when you lay bricks for others and make all these outhouses and stuff and can do everything to a decent standard, not having the money in the first place, but it doesn't really bother me that much to be honest.

A plot of land with sole permission for a static caravan is more my style anyway.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34024
    Sambostar said:
    If only I could invent some sort of bio software that locks the keyboard or edits my posts when I am off my head and sell it to myself.  I'd be rich enough to get on the housing market.

It's kind of annoying when you lay bricks for others and make all these outhouses and stuff and can do everything to a decent standard, not having the money in the first place, but it doesn't really bother me that much to be honest.

A plot of land with sole permission for a static caravan is more my style anyway.

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016

Quick background. My family is probably representative of the majority of families in the UK. Very little disposable income, we get by but scrimp and save for any benefits (holidays, cars, nice clothes etc) It has always been like that since I can remember. My mum and dad both worked bloody hard (numerous jobs each) to give us everything we had and its instilled both me and my sis with a good work ethic. Now I have a son of my own I deseperately feel like I want to provide more for him and his future and Id love later in life to be able to work less and spend more time with him as well as leaving him a decent nest egg.

One of my passions would be to "get into property" I love all the TV shows and appreciate that they are probably heavily rose tinted but its something I'd love to at least try one day. It just strikes me that theres quite significant barriers at almost every level.

I dont see any possible way I could get into it, it seems like a closed shop. Has anyone done it? I'm 30 now and have started saving to try it one day (im planning 10-15 years ahead!) but Im saving minimal amounts and I know the inevitable will happen, Car will die, house repairs etc.

Anyways Im just mithering on it - would appreciate any advice from anyone who's done it from scratch.

I'm unclear whether you mean getting a mortgage for a home or buying a property to re-sell/let, anyway, I'm assuming the former....

Here's three things that have hampered you and your family in regard to buying a house , just from your opening info:

"holidays, cars, nice clothes etc"  
    -  these things are not essentials.  people have different priorities.  life is about choices.   

"I'm 30 now and have started saving"  
    - you did not start saving young enough.  and in the meantime housing is even more expensive.   what were you doing in the previous ten years?

"I have a son"
    -  get a home before starting a family.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    Unless you have a time machine to sell, your advice is perhaps a little belated.  The OP wanted advice on what to do, not lecturing on what he should have done.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34024
    I see Mr Helpful has returned to spread joy and sensible advice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Ro_S said:

Quick background. My family is probably representative of the majority of families in the UK. Very little disposable income, we get by but scrimp and save for any benefits (holidays, cars, nice clothes etc) It has always been like that since I can remember. My mum and dad both worked bloody hard (numerous jobs each) to give us everything we had and its instilled both me and my sis with a good work ethic. Now I have a son of my own I deseperately feel like I want to provide more for him and his future and Id love later in life to be able to work less and spend more time with him as well as leaving him a decent nest egg.

One of my passions would be to "get into property" I love all the TV shows and appreciate that they are probably heavily rose tinted but its something I'd love to at least try one day. It just strikes me that theres quite significant barriers at almost every level.

I dont see any possible way I could get into it, it seems like a closed shop. Has anyone done it? I'm 30 now and have started saving to try it one day (im planning 10-15 years ahead!) but Im saving minimal amounts and I know the inevitable will happen, Car will die, house repairs etc.

Anyways Im just mithering on it - would appreciate any advice from anyone who's done it from scratch.

I'm unclear whether you mean getting a mortgage for a home or buying a property to re-sell/let, anyway, I'm assuming the former....

Here's three things that have hampered you and your family in regard to buying a house , just from your opening info:

"holidays, cars, nice clothes etc"  
    -  these things are not essentials.  people have different priorities.  life is about choices.   

"I'm 30 now and have started saving"  
    - you did not start saving young enough.  and in the meantime housing is even more expensive.   what were you doing in the previous ten years?

"I have a son"
    -  get a home before starting a family.

So, so tiresome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Daily Mail extract.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1398
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Loads to take in here for future reference. 

Really appreciate ate everyone's words of wisdom 
    How very rock and roll
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    @hootsmon - I don't suppose you were anywhere around Sourh Manchester this morning? Someone tried to crowbar my next door neighbour's patio doors....