Pickup change - Ibanez H-S-H (S470)

Does anyone have any experience with Ibanez S Series guitars or Ibanez H-S-H?

I've got a SD that I want to put in the bridge, but I want to maintain the 5 way selector settings, but the S Series uses a different type of switch to the traditional one that is used on the SD wiring diagram.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7909
    Just match the current wire locations to the new pickup, the SD may be out of phase when combined mind. A photo would help.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    I'm pretty sure Ibanez use the same wiring colours as Dimarzio and you can find Dimarzio to SD conversions ( colour wise) online. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73198
    Green (and bare) to ground, black to hot (same side of the switch as the middle pickup wire), red and white to the terminal on the switch where the coil split is on the other side.

If the pickup is out of phase (thin/quiet sound in the #2 position) swap the green and black.

If that position hums once it's the correct phase it gets more complicated… but can be fixed - you need to swap red for black and green for white.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein