Multiple Mosquito bites

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14021
edited July 2016 in Off Topic
I was outside cutting the hedge in my back garden towards dusk last night, I went out late after the heat of the day had passed. I came in with 8 mosquito bites on the inside of my forearm.

my arm is swollen and as lumpy as bad porridge, it goes all red and itchy in waves every few hours but some bite cream eases it a bit

Am I going to lose my arm? Should I go blar arsing to the doctor or should I man up and tough it out?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11462
    See your pharmacist, if he puts a handkerchief over his mouth and waves you away you will probably need to see a doctor.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17011
    Press your thumbnail in quite hard to make a cross pattern on each one.

or take antihistamines, or follow another method to create them. I used to have a little piezo clicker thing that worked really well
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14021
    Thanks for the tips so far, my take aways are paint a white cross on my door and start self harming

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8164
    I get loads in my back garden. They live in trees apparently, and I have a very mature garden with large trees all round, and a thicket behind. 
    As soon as the sun drops, they're out in force, and we get eaten alive. B@stards....

looking into bat boxes, bats eat their own body weight in mosquitos daily (allegedly). That might help solved my problem. 

I heal quickly from cuts and sprains, but mosquito bites take weeks to heal. Hate the buggers....
    Bat box sounds interesting

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Pussy.  Blood alcohol level isn't high enough.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17011
    Thanks for the tips so far, my take aways are paint a white cross on my door and start self harming
    I know it sounds daft, but the slight self harm will help stop the itching and help them heal.

boots sell the clicker bite relief things.... It was a godsend when I was in India
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    edited July 2016
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4405
    We live next to a reservoir, so it's great for the little fuckers' breeding and eggs being laid / hatching. We also have a big tree in our garden which is where they nap in the daytime.

Once the sun starts going down we get clouds of the wankers above the garden. As Michael Caine said '1000s of 'em'. 

Luckily I don't ever get bitten, but I'm quite interested in the bat box idea. I like bats. I fucking hate mosquitoes. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    We had a couple of bats flying round the garden at twilight yesterday. They're lovely little things, I don't know why people get so twitchy about them. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Some people are more susceptible to being bitten than others, I guess they like you.

I went to an agricultural centre open day once, they had this big perspex sphere (about 4 ft diameter) and it was full of nasty looking black mosquitoes. There were these short tunnels coming off of it with some kind of thin material stretched over the end. The idea was that you placed your palm on the material and saw how attracted the mozzies were to you. Glad to say I only got a couple, but for some people they swarmed over!
    edited July 2016
    Just been to doctor, given antibiotics, arm is infected, I count 8 bites plus I have 3 on my legs

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4405
    Shit. They do like you don't they. 

Ever thought of wearing armour?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    "Mosquito bites" eh? I met junkie once who told me that's why his arms looked like that  ;)
  • BowksBowks Frets: 436
    I got an infection in my leg from a single mosquito bite recently. Vicious Peckham Mozzie bastards! 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't react to bites at all, I like watching their little bodies fill up with my blood
    My V key is broken
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16089
    Just been to doctor, given antibiotics, arm is infected, I count 8 bites plus I have 3 on my legs

* sigh * some folk will go tae some extremes tae show off their biceps....is that a bicep or another bite?
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16089
    PS whilst at the Doctors get him tae remove the clock embedded in your forearm
    tae be or not tae be
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Haven't even been bitten by horse or deer flies this year so far.  You have to get your blood alcohol level up so you trick them into thinking you are a bottle of vodka and not a mammalian life form.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock