SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb silver jubilee head. SORTED

ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6329
edited August 2016 in Amps £ tFB Trader
as the title states. I'd like to buy a Marshall silver jubilee head. Must be in fantastic condition ideally. Either the 1987 original or the reissue 100w variants. 
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625
    Will keep my eyes peeled for ya.... I know where there is a 1987 2x12 combo which I'd snag if I had any dosh. Sure I've seen a head recently will try to remember where...think it was a RI not original Out of interest what is it about the SJ that has you drilling down to find that one ? I don't know too much about them.. but the guy with the combo says the cleans are very (unusually) good for a Marshall whereas we know about the Marshall dirt
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6329
    tFB Trader
    bazxkr said:
    Will keep my eyes peeled for ya.... I know where there is a 1987 2x12 combo which I'd snag if I had any dosh. Sure I've seen a head recently will try to remember where...think it was a RI not original Out of interest what is it about the SJ that has you drilling down to find that one ? I don't know too much about them.. but the guy with the combo says the cleans are very (unusually) good for a Marshall whereas we know about the Marshall dirt
    Thanks, I've been watching a few videos lately that seem to have Piqued my interest. It seems to be typically Marshall but with a bit more besides  (both cleaner and dirtier) it's a curiosity thing I guess. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    haha...watching video demos is a dangerous game........cost me a pretty penny too lately giving me itches that need scratching
    Also, will you get the matching cab too ? Would look great on your pedal demos
    tFB Trader
    bazxkr said:
    Also, will you get the matching cab too ? Would look great on your pedal demos
    Can't cope with the space issues, just the head for me. I have a compact 2x12 with celestion g1265m Roland labelled speakers. Perfect match for this head.,
    tFB Trader
    bump
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 769
    I can't comment on the reissues, but the original Silver Jubilee amps were voiced around the then brand new Marshall Vintage speaker, which is now often loved and hated in equal measure as it is the Celestion Vintage 30. Whatever your opinions on the V30 it does work very well with the Silver Jubilee amps - other speakers can make them sound very dark, oddly mid scooped and yet grainy and brittle. As a precaution I would try to demo any potential purchase with your cab to confirm you can dial everything in the way you want.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    Completely agree with @CasperCaster - I'm not usually fond of V30s but I wouldn't have anything else in my Jubilee cab.
  • Reissue on the bay - Bristol £ 900 (BIN)
    Also a 1990 2550 head in Bristol £1049
    and  also the coveted 1987 Silver jub half stack in Banbury (£2K)
    tFB Trader
    Reissue on the bay - Bristol £ 900 (BIN)
    Also a 1990 2550 head in Bristol £1049
    and  also the coveted 1987 Silver jub half stack in Banbury (£2K)
    ah thanks very much for the heads up. id love the banbury one!!
    tFB Trader
    ALL SORTED NOW. Thanks very much for the help.