One bad day

Anybody seen The Killing Joke yet?
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13054
    The only person I know who has seen it says it was so bad they rage quit it half way through.

As a comic fan I've always thought the book was seriously overrated so I'm in no great rush to see it myself tbh.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27165
    Well, I've just watched it, and I haven't read the comic. My thoughts...

- Mark Hamill is absolutely the star of the show. Everything else is pretty wooden.
    - The Joker's backstory segment is pretty decent, but there just wasn't enough of it.
    - In fact, the whole thing could've done with being an hour longer.

Ultimately, there just wasn't enough going on with Gordon. His "one bad day" was actually no worse than what happens to people in the average city in the US every day, and with everything we know of The Joker...he could've been much more creative than that.

If it had to be 70 minutes long, then they should've spent less time on Batman/Batgirl and more on what The Joker was doing.

Not terrible, and I'm glad I watched it for Hamill's performance, but...I'd give it a C-.
    <space for hire>
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 473
    Well, I've just watched it, and I haven't read the comic. My thoughts...

- Mark Hamill is absolutely the star of the show. Everything else is pretty wooden.
    - The Joker's backstory segment is pretty decent, but there just wasn't enough of it.
    - In fact, the whole thing could've done with being an hour longer.

Ultimately, there just wasn't enough going on with Gordon. His "one bad day" was actually no worse than what happens to people in the average city in the US every day, and with everything we know of The Joker...he could've been much more creative than that.

If it had to be 70 minutes long, then they should've spent less time on Batman/Batgirl and more on what The Joker was doing.

Not terrible, and I'm glad I watched it for Hamill's performance, but...I'd give it a C-.
    I was worried the other way actually, that by adding extra things that aren't in the comic, they'd make it flabby so I'm glad to hear that it could have been made longer.

Mark Hamill really is brilliant as the Joker - not only to hear, but he acts out his lines in the studio. A fantastic vocal talent.

If anyone starts getting into the graphic novels, I recommend both this and the Arkham Asylum one. They're both beautifully illustrated as well as being great stories.