What Glue to Use?

What's Hot
ScatterbrainScatterbrain Frets: 10
edited July 2016 in Making & Modding
Hey guys, I have been making and modding for some years, and I am starting to get quite good (if I do say so myself!) but I have been wandering recently about glue... Exciting subject I know. I've been using Titebond original for some time and I generally get on well with it, but I have noticed more and people using Gorilla glue for the entire build. I used to use this glue for bonding the nut on the head-stock. I have started doing a few build processes with it and it seems strong and cleans up well (possibly a slight advantage over Titebond). I just wandered what other peoples experience (if any) has been with using Gorilla glue for whole builds?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17006
    I have used it on a few things recently and it seems okay. I picked up a bottle because I saw a lot of places were selling it locally, which is a big advantage since I am minutes away from a wilkos and b&q.

time will tell. I have been using titebond original for 15 years and am used to it.

the superglue and epoxy both seem pretty good too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    I have used it on a few things recently and it seems okay. I picked up a bottle because I saw a lot of places were selling it locally, which is a big advantage since I am minutes away from a wilkos and b&q.

time will tell. I have been using titebond original for 15 years and am used to it.

the superglue and epoxy both seem pretty good too
    I've got no real problem with Titebond, and it certainly blows most readily available wood glues in the UK out of the water, mostly it is just hard to get, without a wait that is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom