Anyone want an industrial drum sander?

What's Hot
Not mine, I'll never sell my one, but my alma mater is closing down the lutherie degree and selling off a lot of the machinery.

You'll need a big room for it:

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/finlocorrin/catalogue-id-finlo-10001/lot-65f21ece-787c-4553-84a1-a63c00b04469
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2515
    octatonic said:
    closing down the lutherie degree
    That's terrible! :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34018
    DLM said:
    octatonic said:
    closing down the lutherie degree
    That's terrible! :(
    I would agree with you if they were closing down something that was well run and gave students the ability to craft a viable career.

They don't do this though- it is essentially a 3 year, 40k expense to learn how to have an expensive hobby.
    They don't have any course content directed towards running a business, which is a huge missed opportunity.
    You spend roughly 1/3rd the teaching time studying things like 'feminism in hip hop', 'Monteverdi's Orfeo' and other irrelevant topics- because it is cheaper to throw us all in with the other music related courses, rather than teach a curriculum that is specific to the lutherie students.

They should have overhauled the degree to be a proper vocationally oriented curriculum but they chose the easy option and just shut it down.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom