Fender Mustang III v2

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7731
Anyone else seen these recent demos of the Mustang III that this chap has been doing on his Youtube channel ?

there have been some head-to-heads to guess which is the valve amp and which is this modeller which tbh don't really float my boat - the comparisons are less interesting than the straight demos imho) but he's been getting some fantastic sounds out of it - wonder how it holds up live - anyone use one? 

Tim
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    I had one of the version one Mustangs. 

The simulations of Fender Amps were very good as were the reverbs and trems. 

The high gain sounds were total balls though and it took pedals very badly so you had to rely on using a modelled OD pedal (which admittedly were quite good) 

The main thing that put me off was that unlike the Blackstar ID series they didn't seem to be built with gigging in mind (the only output was 3.5mm etc) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pauladspaulads Frets: 495
    I'll second that...and I found the construction a wee bit flimsy if it's gigging regularly. Some good sounds in there, though.
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58

I own a v1 MIII, and I like the way mine handles pedals.  I tend to use them more than the inbuilt fx, just because I like having physical knobs to tweak, and I can change the flavor whenever I want.

Like the guy in the video, I've set up some of my own sounds- using the bassman and 65'twin models.  I use those almost exclusively, and I tend to treat it like a regular amp.  Works very well for me, and I love the sounds I get from it.

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    Gotta say I love my V2 Mustang III. After years of swearing by, and then at, some pretty expensive valve amps I jumped over to modelling and doubt I'll go back any time soon. Got mine set up with about 4 different amp sounds and then an OD, modulation effect and a a delay on each one and just use the 4 button footswitch to punch them in and out, and the two button to scroll through....don't even need a pedal tuner at a gig now...and the whole setup cost me 150 quid!.......always a bag of pedals in the car though ;)