SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

More Oil City workshop clear-out pickups

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11991
edited September 2016 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Oil City Masterwound Route 66 set for Strat: perfect and unused, made at a customer's request with black flatwork rather than grey bottoms as is age correct ... then the customer changed his mind! Normal retail £165.00 
£135.00 delivered and with your choice of black, white, parchment or cream covers. This is a real bargain! SOLD

Oil City Masterwound Tubesnake bridge humbucker 49.2 spaced 4 conductor reversed zebra (Slash style, black screw coil). Tiny scratches on bobbin tops, Otherwise new and unused. Normal retail £95.00. £80 delivered SOLD

Ex demo (some playing marks) Oil City Masterwound Transonic bridge humbucker. Early prototype with alnico 5 main magnet, twin ceramic flanking magnets, 13k DCR. Long leg 50mm spaced, 4 conductor wired. Short hookup lead as was used as demo in a flying V.
£60 delivered! SOLD

Oil City Blitz Spirit bridge humbucker 50mm spaced, black bobbin, four conductor, short legs, new and unmarked. normal retail price £59.00 
£45.00 delivered SOLD

Ex demo (some playing marks) Oil CityScrapyard Dog Plus neck, reversed zebra, 50mm spaced, was paired with the Transonic above ... in my flying V
£40 delivered

Oil City HardMan tele neck pickup, ground lift fitted nickel cover, slight scratch to cover
£40 delivered SOLD

Oil City Triple Blues Strat neck pickup:
new but with some laser burn marks on bottom flatwork 
£25.00 delivered SOLD

Oil City Californian Tele neck pickup:
new and unused ... DCR is normally 6k ... customer wanted a lighter winding ... then changed his mind (gurrrrr) this one scopes out at 5.65 and sounds really good. 
£40 delivered SOLD

I would be prepared to consider swaps and PX on the Route 66 set ... and do deals on more than one pickup ... I need the space on the workshop shelves!
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28441
    I'll take the Blitz Spirit bridge please.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11991
    tFB Trader
    Sold to the man ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• RolandRoland Frets: 9127
    I'll take the Hardman neck pickup please
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    I'll take the Hardman neck pickup please
    Sold to the man ...PM-ing now

• JD50JD50 Frets: 670
    Would the Strat pup play nice in a Mustang? I have an original 65 pup in the bridge 5.5k but I know to be hum cancelling one pup needs to be RWRP?
    tFB Trader
    JD50 said:
    Would the Strat pup play nice in a Mustang? I have an original 65 pup in the bridge 5.5k but I know to be hum cancelling one pup needs to be RWRP?
    It should be the same polarity and winding direction, as your mustang, so will not hum cancel. However, if you can find the polarity of your existing pickup (a cheap pocket compass will tell you if it's north up or south up ... fender messed about with this a fair bit) I can re gauss the pickup for you at no charge to be reverse polarity, then you simply swap the wires over making black 'hot' to reverse the effective winding direction

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanDan Frets: 453
    Is the middle RWRP on the Route 66's?
  • metalemetale Frets: 57
    Ash, can the Californian take a cover?
    tFB Trader
    metale said:
    Ash, can the Californian take a cover?
    They are way too tall and fat for a cover ... sorry

tFB Trader
    Dan said:
    Is the middle RWRP on the Route 66's?
    Yes it is :-)

• JD50JD50 Frets: 670
    JD50 said:
    It should be the same polarity and winding direction, as your mustang, so will not hum cancel. However, if you can find the polarity of your existing pickup (a cheap pocket compass will tell you if it's north up or south up ... fender messed about with this a fair bit) I can re gauss the pickup for you at no charge to be reverse polarity, then you simply swap the wires over making black 'hot' to reverse the effective winding direction
    That's very kind of you, pm me your details and I will send payment today. Thanks John
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Can I take the masterwound please?  
  • FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 501
    I'll take the Californian, please.
    tFB Trader
    shuikit said:
    Can I take the masterwound please?  
    which masterwound?

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Was going to say route 66 but have now noticed they've sold. Apologies, didn't realise that there were multiple masterwounds listed
    tFB Trader
    Reviving/revamping this list and doing a price drop
    Masterwound Tubesnake ... now just £60 delivered ... total bargain!

Dog Plus neck ... just £30 delivered.

• The dog plus... What colour? Very interested, would it go with black knight alnico 8? Any chance I could get it with black hex's to match the black knight? Thanks 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    How would the Tubesnake sound in a HSS Strat?
  • Just re read this. Is it the reverse zebra one above? 
    tFB Trader
    The dog plus is the reversed zebra with standard nickel slugs and screws, is ex demo and has some playing marks. Would pair well with a bridge Black Knight but nothing I can do about the pole colour sadly.

The Tubesnake would work very well in HSS ... it's four conductor, so easily splits.