Danish oil... How many coats ?

Bit of help please... So im oiling a nice unfinished dark wood strat neck i managed to get... Iv applied 3 coats of danish oil now, and it looks great. Im wiping of excess after and leaving to dry and polishing. Looks great... Do i just keep going till im 100% happy.. Im not far from that now really, Or in doing that is there more chance of the neck ending up feeling a little tacky? 
Thnx muchly , gu 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11777
    tFB Trader
    Yes - three coats isn't a lot generally speaking for regular Danish Oil . However be your own judge of that and if you like the feel go with it , other wise cary on till it feels to your liking

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• WezVWezV Frets: 17007
    You can't really go wrong as long as you are getting the residue off after each coat and giving it a good rub

I would suggest de-nibbing every 3 coats.  rub back with fine wire wool or high grit wet and dry.

I prefer wetsanding with the oil, but there are many ways to use the material and many combinations of oil, abrasive and a good rub will give a good finish.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Many thnx for replies. :) 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3971
    Pics!?