Craig Charles?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Craig Charles is a decent enough guy and I believe he does genuinely like Northern Soul, just not an anorak.

He did his DJaying set at the Ironworks here and it was supposed to have been very good, I missed it so cannot confirm or deny but some of my friends enjoyed it muchly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclaps;123566" said:
    The23rdman said:

randomhandclaps;123488" said:

The greatest  compliment I can pay Craig Charles on the radio is that he is not Huey Morgan.Agreed. Huey strikes me as a complete knob.

The23rdman said:

lustycourtier;123517" said:

randomhandclaps said:The greatest  compliment I can pay Craig Charles on the radio is that he is not Huey Morgan.?? Huey is amazing.Yep, an amazing knob. :D

Thank you for clarifying that.

If I have to listen to one more of either his drones of "People say hey Huey you're a rock star.  You're the king of cool.  You're like a musical genius.  You're the best damn guitar player in the world - self taught.  You've could have any woman you want...blah.blah....why do you do this little radio show in little old England?".  Or name drop every legendary celebrity you can thing of and start the line with "As my good friend ________ said to me.  Hey Huey my brother......" then I think I might start listening to Kiss FM.

I was a fan of FLC and used to like Huey, but you've hit the nail on the head re his radio show. I hear his voice and turn it straight off.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    johnnyurq said:
    Craig Charles is a decent enough guy and I believe he does genuinely like Northern Soul, just not an anorak.

He did his DJaying set at the Ironworks here and it was supposed to have been very good, I missed it so cannot confirm or deny but some of my friends enjoyed it muchly.
    I personally like the music he plays, believe me though, he is definitely not a decent guy. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3341
    edited January 2014
    randomhandclaps;123488" said:
    The greatest  compliment I can pay Craig Charles on the radio is that he is not Huey Morgan.
    Agreed. Huey strikes me as a complete knob.

Well, to strike some balance, here's a good Huey story. My friends got married in New York about 12 years ago and went to a bar after the ceremony. Huey was in there an accidentally backed into the groom, barely spilling any of his drink. Huey apologised profusely and on hearing an English accent and the reason for their celebrations, bought them 2 bottles of champagne, chatted with them and was really down to earth and nice. Maybe he has a thing for the Brits as I believe he married one. Anyway, I wouldn't argue with him. Isn't he an ex-marine?
    Edit: I just watched the Buzzcocks clip and I'm partial to a bit of happy plate-smashing, but, errr....maybe my friend's experience was the exception rather than the norm :)
  • Hes a cracking fella.All the hate seems to be cos he talks like a mobster. So what? He plays cracking tunes and it writes crackers too. I once saw him leave a festival backstage to go and sign for fans who were desperate to meet him. He has time for everyone, but doesn't like dickheads like on buzzcocks. 
  • So he's good to those who adore and worship him and made him his fortune and only when he's confronted with 'dickheads like on Buzzcocks' for no reason does he act like a utter bellend (oh and that whole Lauren Laverne twitter thing)?  Yep, maybe we have got him all wrong.  Sounds the very definition of a top bloke. 

The bit that confuses me is how they got him to go on Buzzcocks.  Maybe they took his family hostage.  Would explain why he was so wound up.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • he did appear coked up and very out of character…..and I met Laverne a few times when she was in kenickie and afterwards. One snide bitch.