SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted - MJM London Fuzz (Silicon version with bias knob)

What's Hot
SnazzyGeezerSnazzyGeezer Frets: 38
edited August 2016 in FX £
I'm looking for a MJM Blue London fuzz II (Silicon) the version with the added bias knob
  Many thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1201
    What's the right price on a Fulltone 70s? I've just put mine back on the board and can't decide between it or my muff.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22577
    The MJM widdles all over the Fulltone in my view. I sold mine to @RMJ who absolutely loves it. Wish I'd never sold it, I'm not a huge fuzz pedal man but that one really did hit the spot. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Yup. It's flippin brill.
  • Yeah,go on,rub it in why don't you : -(
    I think I'm going to have a job finding one,to be honest.
    its looks like it's going to be an import job,and the thought of all the duty and vat really takes the shine off it for me.
    I've been looking for an alternative to be honest,the Blackout effectors Musket looks very promising, although more muffish.
    The search goes on.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22577
    Even with the duties, it's worth it. I'd rate it as my equal top fuzz pedal along with the Throbak ODB. It's cheaper than the DAM stuff, cheaper than the Sunface, and it sounds better to me. 

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    @Heartfeltdawn don't tell him what you sold it to me for XD

It is genius though. It's the only fuzz I've played that sounds superb with a strat AND a Les Paul. I was originally after a germanium but glad a scored the silicon in the end.

Best of luck with your quest.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1569
    I had one and really didnt like it but it might just be my tweed style amps not working too well with it because they also didnt take to the Muffroom Cloud.  That said, I am sold on the Bearfoot Pink Purple, it sounds great with my rig.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
    Are you dead set on the MJM? I've got a Monsterpiece NPN fuzz with bias knob fitted with BC108 silicone transistors which I might consider letting go. It also has a battery on/off switch so you can leave it plugged in to a pedalboard without draining the battery but also has a 9v dc input if you need it. PM me if interested.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    I had the germanium & didn't really rate it. I much preferred the Sunface.
    The Hendrix fuzz face in the round enclosure is a superb silicon fuzz.

• Bump
  • I'm selling a Sonus silicon fuzz with the Bias control if that's your thang ?