SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

'UNDER OFFER" FS/FT 1978 50w Marshall 2104 combo + head cab + vintage Greenbacks

Emerald1969Emerald1969 Frets: 1
edited August 2016 in Amps £
2104 Master Volume combo from 1978 separated into portable small box head + 2x12 combo cab format

https://flic.kr/p/KddcEh  PM me for further pics +' info 

Based in North East UK 
2104 combo cab is fitted with 2x desirable 1970s G12M greenbacks with 'black solder tabs'. 1x Thames Ditton pre-Rola and one slightly later but early Rola era (1974 I think) which has had an ugly but effective cone repair. Both drivers sound superb with zero issues in use and combined with the 50w head make for a serious classic rock tone machine. In no way harsh or ice-picky like other MVs I've owned and IMO the Greenbacks are a massive upgrade to the usual late-70s Celestion Blackbacks which I could never bond with.

A new handle and plexi logos have been added along with a checkerboard grille. The original large white plastic Marshall logo and amp handle are included and the original black grille cloth is still in place and in good condition underneath the checkerboard cloth should you wish to fully convert back to original 2104 style and spec. A previous owner has scratched a band name into the faceplate ar some point but I can have an identical repro plate made in polished aluminium or plexiglass for only £30 if that is something that genuinely bothers you.

Recently serviced, re-valved, biased and PAT pass certified only last week. It is 100% reliable and works exactly as it should. I am a long-term fan of this MV circuit and this one is by far the most superior of the 5 MVs I've owned over the years.

Price-dropped briefly to £675 (from £750) for a super quick sale as I have my next amp in my sights. Price will go back up next week if it has to go to the dreaded eBay

I will also consider a part-ex + cash deal for a Carr Rambler/Impala or possibly a small vintage Fender combo (my back is in bad shape and I need a grab'n'go amp these days) so drop me a PM and let me know what you've got in mind.

Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments