Completely unjustified GAS

What's Hot
gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
I currently really want to buy something but just can't justify it to myself. I have 3 guitars I really like (PRS CE24, JS1000, Godin Summit) and I think my amp sounds great (Orange TH30), I am happy with my cab (Ply Marshall 1936 with V30s), I have owned just about every pedal under the sun and currently don't need any - except maybe a reverb but I can't get excited about reverb.

I keep looking at gear I quite fancy but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on anything because I actually don't need anything.

It's kind of frustrating.

What I probably ought to do is actually learn how to play properly.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• But I want one of these :D

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gearaddict;124125" said:
    But I want one of these :D
    I'm gassing for the 36 version!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am in the same position now. Have decided to keep one of my amps and as such dont need anything else, every week or so Ill think I want something else but realistically now I am happy. Have a custom bass arriving soon and a custom guitar being built so once they are done I genuinely wont need anything else...

My advice would to be just enjoy what you have and don't rush into anything. If you want the same bit of kit a few weeks later then it might be worth investing but with so many good products available now most of us will never get to own everything we want... probably not a bad thing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4061
    I always sit looking at stuff I want to buy when I have a break from playing/rehearsing, then when I get back in the rehearsal room and plug in, I realise that I am pretty happy with the set up I have and have been for some years.  I have bought 2 good amps since I got my Orange Rocker 30, and they have both long gone and i'm still using the Orange.  Doesn't stop me wanting a Mesa Lonestar though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I always sit looking at stuff I want to buy when I have a break from playing/rehearsing, then when I get back in the rehearsal room and plug in, I realise that I am pretty happy with the set up I have and have been for some years.  I have bought 2 good amps since I got my Orange Rocker 30, and they have both long gone and i'm still using the Orange.  Doesn't stop me wanting a Mesa Lonestar though!
    I mainly use gear acquisition as a substitute for any real meaning, purpose or satisfaction in my life. As such, it doesn't really matter whether it improves my tone or not.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom