Rehousing an amp in a head cab...

DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2567
edited August 2016 in Making & Modding
...and I was wondering if it was worth lining the inside of the top surface with some kind of foil tape or something?  I was thinking the cheap foil ductwork repair kind of tape you can get from Wickes/Screwfix/etc (link), but not sure how well this stuff would work at cutting down on any RF-type interference.

The amp is an Ampeg J20, by the way, and the head cab is just something I've knocked together using spruce project/furniture boards.
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FWIW I used some aluminium tape like that for shielding pickup and control cavities on a guitar recently and it did make quite a difference.  People often use copper slug-repellent tape but I had the aluminium stuff lying around.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73199
    I've used spray contact adhesive and aluminium kitchen foil :). Works fine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• nutboxnutbox Frets: 34
    edited August 2016
    All Marshall use is a sheet of alloy stapled to the cab and then chassis on top of that,so why wouldnt it work ,just make sure all strips are connected.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    Ive used the alloy foil tape from Screwfix, works fine.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)