SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD Small bodied acoustic ( Finally found something !!)

wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 269
edited October 2016 in Acoustics £
after playing a '59 gibson lg a couple of years ago & very nearly buying it I am still looking for something similar. However, what I don't want is something I'm terrified that the bridge will come unglued or the top will crack or any of the other issues that can trouble a vintage instrument, what I do want is something I can take to jam nights or barbies etc without being scared to take out of its case so it has to be a s/h workhorse, prefer 630mm scale length & 14 fret body joint & fat neck if poss, I have a budget of about £1250 cash ( plus I may have some trades to offer as well) & only interested in something within sensible drive of the westcountry that I can try out, anything out there? mike b.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Would you be interested in my PRS Angelus Custom for £399 on the Fretboard 'Acoustics for sale'  page about eight guitars beneath your advert. PRS describe the neck as "wide fat" and it has a pretty nice tone and projection. I live about 12 miles from Junction 15 (Swindon) of the M4 in West Oxfordshire. PM me if you are interested.

Guitarman66 

• nice guitar but I have my heart set on something with a smaller body, i.e. gibson L-00 or fylde goodfellow, thank, mike b.
  • I have a Gibson J45 2016 Standard ,bought new in oct 2015,I'm selling for £1200
  • thanks for the offer , great price for a great guitar but I really want a smaller body size, mike
  • No probs,cheers

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3505
    after playing a '59 gibson lg a couple of years ago & very nearly buying it I am still looking for something similar. However, what I don't want is something I'm terrified that the bridge will come unglued or the top will crack or any of the other issues that can trouble a vintage instrument, what I do want is something I can take to jam nights or barbies etc without being scared to take out of its case so it has to be a s/h workhorse, prefer 630mm scale length & 14 fret body joint & fat neck if poss, I have a budget of about £1250 cash ( plus I may have some trades to offer as well) & only interested in something within sensible drive of the westcountry that I can try out, anything out there? mike b.
    There are very options when it comes 00-14's in that price range be it new or second hand, unless you are super lucky to get really lucky!   All the Brooks and Fyldes I have seen for sale second hand have gone for about £1400 usually. 

The only guitars I can really think of which are a decent value are the Eastman E10/20 00 SS's, or the new USA built Guild M-20 (which would be my vote). 

I have the 12 fret Eastman 00 which is an amazing guitar, great woods used and build quality.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504
    Guitar Classics in Wandsworth has a really nice small bodied Brook.  It's one of the best acoustics I've ever heard.  It probably won't fit your fat neck criteria though - having said that, if it did I'd be trying to find a way to buy it.
  • new toy in the cupboard, met most of the criteria except perhaps one (see ngd post)