Randomly being thrown out.

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. despite ticking the 'stay logged in' box it randomly logs me out, usually when I'm about to post something.

Maybe this is hidden defence software to counter my ramblings, not sure, but it is a bit frustrating to have to keep logging back in.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17666
    tFB Trader
    What browser?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27674
    I've had the same experience on PC (Chrome), MAC (Safari) and iPad.

In fact, I just opened the iPad to see what this thread was about, and had to login first, despite having been on the site, on the same iPad, with the same browser, just minutes previously.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72598
    It does it to me occasionally. Probably not a bad thing, it means you tend to remember your password and it would only be a matter of time before it logged an impostor out if you accidentally left your computer on at home.

I suppose the difference is that I get about 5,000 posts between random log-outs - rather than 2, like normal people.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    What browser?

Microsoft Edge, or whatever it's called.