Pup change for CS Strat? School me you modders!

What's Hot
JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 398
edited August 2016 in Making & Modding
Have Abby Ybarra pup set in my Fender Strat so 've new. Very clean and gorgeous but wondering if not so versatile - what would people recommend?
Has anyone else swapped out these pups?
Thanks Jon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3113
    edited August 2016
    It may help if you describe the sound you are looking for..........
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I have Lollars that are beautifully clean, American standard in another that have that lovely thin stratty position 2 and 4 sounds, Lace Sensor Golds that are similar but a little richer and fuller, and a Lace Sensor mix in another (Blue neck, Burgundy middle, Red bridge) that loves all sorts of overdrive but is really 3 very different sounds. In another, I have BKP Apaches that are a lot thicker that the American standard. As the man said, what sound are you after?
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 398
    Think my Abby's are super for clean and rich, but not for drive as much.
    Didn't really know much about pups when I bought this guitar 5 years ago - naively thinking these pups could do everything!
    They are wonderful, but Hendrix no!.....think I should really look for a 2nd strat for a hotter sound as I love the Abby's - thanks guys! 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    I've got a set of these in my main Strat:

http://www.wudtone.com/product/wuddys-5060-special-blends/

TBH, Marc at Mojo winds some of the best pickups in the world at any price, and these are simply the best sounding Strat pickups I have ever heard. I have a reflector plate on the  bridge pickup and it sounds HUGE - it'll do anything from clean jangle through to Gilmour, Rothery and beyond.

If I had a CS Strat, I'd slot a set of these in...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 398
    Thanks Impman...I will check them out.
    Nice to get a recommendation 
    Jon