Can you 'binge watch' TV shows?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• For whatever reasons I didn't watch The Sopranos when it was aired on TV. Now I can't get enough of it. My current record is watching 4 episodes back to back. (Some great music snippets in the programme's too).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    For whatever reasons I didn't watch The Sopranos when it was aired on TV. Now I can't get enough of it. My current record is watching 4 episodes back to back. (Some great music snippets in the programme's too).
    What season are you on? When it gets to Season 6 I think your current record will be smashed.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 764
    Lovely old Mr.Sky encourages binge watching in a very disingenuous way, when if you're watching a Box Set (re-watching Deadwood and I'm up to the last series of 3) they then download the next episode..........up it pops.

And it would be rude not to, wouldn't it.   

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    SRich said:
    Lovely old Mr.Sky encourages binge watching in a very disingenuous way, when if you're watching a Box Set (re-watching Deadwood and I'm up to the last series of 3) they then download the next episode..........up it pops.

And it would be rude not to, wouldn't it.   
    I recently discovered this (I don't usually use it as my internet is fucking terrible) and smashed through 5 episodes of Sons of Anarchy without hesitation on Saturday. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I think that a part of my brain thinks of TV as a waste of precious time. I don't actually think that it is a waste of time, it's just a form of entertainment, but that bit of my brain says go and do something else now you fekkin fat couch potato.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I have done but I don't have the attention span these days.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2641
    Can't do it either.  Been known to watch a couple of episodes of, say, Mad Men back to back, but that would be pretty rare.  Nowadays I tend to watch even movies in chunks, I find a solid two hours of the same thing a bit too much.  Different in the cinema of course, but even then I often find I'm getting a bit restless half way through a film, even when I think it's pretty good.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I do get bored quickly and get put off the show.  
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843
    Yes, if it good enough.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    There have definitely been Sundays where I've had a show going from morning-time to nighty-night. I'd probably have paused it during yumyums and peepee though.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7887
    2 usually
    I did once watch Twin Peak's first season in a day though.
  • 2 usually
    I did once watch Twin Peak's first season in a day though.
    Did that (on VHS!) and then went to see Fire: Walk with me at the cinema with a bunch of friends years ago.

I was late to the Breaking Bad and GoT party so binge watched both of them 'til I got caught up, at least 3 a day, was proper knackered in work for a few weeks.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10533
    If it's something superb like The Sopranos or The Wire I could happily do 4 or 5 episodes in a row 

Very into "The night of" at the mo and it's a pain waiting a week for the next one
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    I've just done 42 episodes of Game of Thrones in five days, I think you could consider that a binge. I'll caveat it by saying I came out of hospital on Sunday and am not supposed to be moving! :D
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    I used to be able to, did series 2 of The Wire one Sunday.  Now after 2-3 episodes I want a break from it.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Yeah, binging a good TV show is one of my favourite things.