If you wanted to.... could you get a gun ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4690
    My father is law is president of a pistol club and my I'm in Dallas regularly so quite easy to get a gun Getting it into the country is another matter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Emp_Fab said:
    Nitefly said:
    What you want one of them for, Emp?
    Well, to be brutally honest, I was very pissed and depressed when I posted and was thinking about how - if I was ever serious about it - I would go about shuffling off this mortal coil of my own volition.  I looked up all the various methods on Wikipedia and thought I'm too cowardly to try any of them, bar a gun.  It's mind-blowingly fast (pun intended) and there's no time to regret starting it, as there is in, say an overdose, or slitting arteries etc.  Then I thought... "I don't have a gun....  I wonder how easy it would be to get one ?"  Hence my post.

Don't worry, I'm fine.  I'm not in any way suicidal - but I do get a bit maudlin after a few bevvies.
    Yeah, I wondered.  Glad to hear you're keeping it together, man.  
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    You want a toe ?  I can get your a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The best way to kill yourself is nitrogen asphyxiation. Painless and nobody has to pick your brain up off the floor.

Not that I've given it any thought.
    My V key is broken
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24624
    edited August 2016
    What's a 'toe' @Jalapeno @UnclePsychosis  ?

@Holnrew I never knew that - very interesting.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    @Emp_Fab I certainly won't get you a gun so you can top yourself! I can relate to the feeling maudlin though ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• It's from The Big Lebowski, a bloody awesome film which I just happened to watch last night!
  • This thread reminds me of the Andy Serkis film Sugarhood. IIRC it's all about a man who thinks he can buy a gun off some lowlife, and what happens when he tries to.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    Emp_Fab said:
    What's a 'toe' @Jalapeno @UnclePsychosis  ?

(that funny ship sinking feeling)

It's from The Big Lebowski
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33906
    Janie's got a gun.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 998
    you get these gun people ,dont you ?
    lets have a bit of colt, lets have a bit of glock,
    thats a snazzy caliber this smells of cordite ....

can i just shock you ? i like guns ....
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    There is a lobby trying to stop sale/ownership of Air Guns following that youngster death recently...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

However, persuading them to part with one, no chance.
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 649
    edited August 2016
    A friend of mine is a keen clay pigeon shooter so he would probably be the person I'd call. I say call, in the event of WW3 global communications would probably be shut down, so I of course mean "send a mutated carrier pigeon"
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Also if I was a total psycho I could quite easily go to dad´s house drill out the lock on the gun cupboard, grab a load of bird and clay shot, take out the small bits of shot and fill it with big steel ball bearings that would go through anyone and shoot up a school. Thankfully I´m not and nor are the vast majority of people.

If somebody wants to go and commit mass murder they can quite easily accumulate an arsenal of chainsaws, poisons, hideous chemicals and god knows what else by visiting a hardware store and a university library. Most Universities between their biology and Chemistry departments store enough nasty stuff to murder thousands.

You don´t need a gun to be a wanker. The available options for destruction  are multiple and hardly difficult to acquire. Nor is he information to explore all of them. All of Europe has very low levels of gun violence. Yet gun laws vary enormously. The US has slightly higher ones (in a global context). The differences may well be cultural and not legal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5018
    You are right @Evilmags, even a lorry or truck is dangerous if in the wrong hands....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12040
    A friend of mine is a keen clay pigeon shooter so he would probably be the person I'd call. I say call, in the event of WW3 global communications would probably be shut down, so I of course mean "send a mutated carrier pigeon"
    Actually...a friend of mine up the road has a
    shotgun (with licence).
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    There are so many inventive ways of doing harm with everyday household items and chemicals...............