SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Oil City Stonetone middle Strat pickup

dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
edited September 2016 in Parts £

Comments

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 852
    I might have this off you mate, There's no reason why this wouldn't sit in the neck position on a Mustang is there??? will one of them closed pickup covers fit on it dya think?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    replied to your PM. I'm not familiar with the Mustang so couldnt say for sure. Its a standard Strat size. A pickup cover fits fine. It had one on the last guitar it was installed on, not sure what you mean by closed though. The last one had holes on top with the pole pieces standing proud of the cover if that makes sense
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    Mustang cover has no holes for the polepieces, cant remember if the polepieces stand proud on the Mustang pickup. Mustang pickup is standard Strat dimensions though, I vaguely remember the Mustang cover being glued onto the pickup on my Mustang Bass, which also uses a Strat size/spec pickup......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• lamf68 said:
    I might have this off you mate, There's no reason why this wouldn't sit in the neck position on a Mustang is there??? will one of them closed pickup covers fit on it dya think?
    I've got a couple of black Mustang pickup covers you can have if you like.
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 852
    lamf68 said:
    I've got a couple of black Mustang pickup covers you can have if you like.
    Cheers for the offer Gary mate, I've got a set of them just wondered if this pickup would fit inside...I've decided to go for it regardless
  • No problemo. I was thinking about snapping this up too, but in all fairness I don't 'really' need it, so will power won the day ;-)